Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   What if Otah is gone? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23096)

Rhee Rhee 01-19-2008 02:12 AM

What if Otah is gone?
 
As i look at many mockdrafts and hear everyone's opinion i get the feeling that we have all taken a liking to jeff otah...

my question to you is if he's gone by the time we take AND if talib, cason and baker (and all the other guys projected to go before we pick) are gone... who would u guys pick?

my personal decision would be either kentwan balmer UNC, Leodis Mckelvin or worst case scenario godser cherilus... i honestly don't believe cherilus is worth a first and maybe chris williams... but williams concerns me with his ability as a run blocker...

xXTheSteelKingsXx 01-19-2008 11:47 AM

Re: What if Otah is gone?
 
If Michael Oher is still on the board we would probably grab him.

lamberts-lost-tooth 01-19-2008 12:18 PM

Re: What if Otah is gone?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx (Post 358032)
If Michael Oher is still on the board we would probably grab him.

:iagree:

MasterOfPuppets 01-19-2008 03:18 PM

Re: What if Otah is gone?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 358037)
:iagree:

oher is returning to school.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/news/ex...ewscategory=21

DACEB 01-19-2008 03:41 PM

Re: What if Otah is gone?
 
It's early but from what I've seen and read so far, I would have no problem with taking Balmer for DE. I could see a solid D-lineman helping our defense trmendously.

If the scenerio you explained played out that would mean quality RBs and WRs would still be on the board. I have no problem taking a RB as long as he could help returning also. I have no problem taking a WR either as long as he's at least 6'3". That limits the field on both counts, but it's guys we've all been talking about.

If we cannot get the OT that we want, I would like to see a stud for the D-line.

lamberts-lost-tooth 01-19-2008 03:55 PM

Re: What if Otah is gone?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 358063)

Thanks MOP...I had been waiting to hear, but have been off the net for a couple of days:thumbsup:
That sucks...but I think we can still get value in the first

lilyoder6 01-19-2008 05:01 PM

Re: What if Otah is gone?
 
i see u don't read my posts... :(.... any way james davis is returning to school as well...

MasterOfPuppets 01-19-2008 06:43 PM

Re: What if Otah is gone?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyoder6 (Post 358080)
i see u don't read my posts... :(.... any way james davis is returning to school as well...

:mg:..........:huh:

lilyoder6 01-19-2008 08:08 PM

Re: What if Otah is gone?
 
in anthoer thread i stated that oher was staying in school.. i was just joking about how ppl really look into my posts.... lol.. but i was just messing around..

Rhee Rhee 01-20-2008 04:42 AM

Re: What if Otah is gone?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DACEB (Post 358071)
It's early but from what I've seen and read so far, I would have no problem with taking Balmer for DE. I could see a solid D-lineman helping our defense trmendously.

If the scenerio you explained played out that would mean quality RBs and WRs would still be on the board. I have no problem taking a RB as long as he could help returning also. I have no problem taking a WR either as long as he's at least 6'3". That limits the field on both counts, but it's guys we've all been talking about.

If we cannot get the OT that we want, I would like to see a stud for the D-line.

he'd give us versaltiliy as he is interchangable at DE in a 3-4 and a DT in a 4-3...

a RB in the first is a little fishy but ill go with it... he better be a STUD returner if he's gonna go in the first... the WR pick looks better at this point than the RB one..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum