Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bill Belichick - The Sore Loser (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23347)

Glace 02-03-2008 11:57 PM

Bill Belichick - The Sore Loser

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl...?urn=nfl,64971

If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

By MJD
Sunday, Feb 3, 2008 11:12 pm EST

On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

But when the shoe's on the other foot, and Bill Belichick's team has been beaten, he can't sit there and take the pain for a few seconds.

With :02 left on the clock, and his team just having failed on a last chance 4th down effort, Bill Belichick ran onto the field for a quick handshake, and then bolted for the locker room. Belichick's an important guy and everything, but I wasn't aware that the league had given him the authority to decide when games end.

There's time left on the clock, his team's been humbled, outplayed, and lost their chance at history ... and Bill Belichick doesn't have the stomach to sit there and absorb the pain until the clock read 0:00.

That's unsportsmanlike at best, disrespectful at least, and at worst, it makes him a big sissy.

Because Bill Belichick wanted to go hide when he lost, the field ended up being flooded with people, and the officials had to clear the area before the Giants could take their final snap and make it official. When you lose, you take your loss. You don't leave early because it makes you feel sad inside. Your opponent deserves more respect than that.

Anyone remember in 2004 when Randy Moss left the sidelines with 2 seconds left in a Vikings vs. Redskins game? Moss was selfish, a baby, a quitter, didn't respect his teammates, and didn't respect the game. Belichick just did the same thing, but did it on the biggest possible stage, and did it from the position of a leader of men.

Maybe there's something to be said for the inability to lose well ... most great winners don't lose well, and a sore loser is still a loser.

But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.

:flap: :sofunny:

Steelman16 02-03-2008 11:59 PM

Re: Bill Belichick - The Sore Loser

What's new in Patsieville? :toofunny:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair 02-04-2008 12:02 AM

I wonder if Golden Boy congratulated Manning.

BozMan 02-04-2008 12:04 AM

Is there video of this and/or Beliprick's post-game interview up on YouTube yet? I'd like to watch them about a 1000 more times.

fansince'76 02-04-2008 12:06 AM

Belichick - a classless, cheating pr*ck that has molded an entire team in his own image. No news there.

Glace 02-04-2008 12:08 AM

Heh...if you want some more entertainment, go to the link and read all the comments!

90% Patriot Haters....10% Pats Fans doing nothing but swearing and name-calling.

Typical of their fan base...No class...

"Maybe it comes from the head coach..." - LT

jjpro11 02-04-2008 12:14 AM

hes a sore human being

Lord Stiller 02-04-2008 12:16 AM

IMO they should have let the ***** Patsies leave the field and officially record the game as a forfeit

Patriots are a disgrace to team sports in general

Rinkleroot 02-04-2008 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiller (Post 363456)
IMO they should have let the ***** Patsies leave the field and officially record the game as a forfeit

Patriots are a disgrace to team sports in general

Agreed, I'm so sick of this sorry excuse of an nfl team, I hope they never win another game.

tony hipchest 02-04-2008 01:14 AM

and to think, randy moss was ripped (as a viking vs. washington) for doing the exact same thing.

i doubt Bill Holy'chick will ever wear the same scarlet letter moss did though