Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Eli Manning has arrived (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23394)

RoethlisBURGHer 02-05-2008 01:32 PM

Eli Manning has arrived

I think Eli Manning has finally arrived, and he decided to showcase it on the biggest stage of all, the Super Bowl.

In years past he looked like he'd rather be doing anything else than playing professional football. But something changed this year, and it happened about the time Tiki Barber said that Eli wasn't a leader on the Giants.

I think that kind of shocked him, I don't think Eli expected Tiki to blast him like that. I think that set things in motion for Eli Manning to prove Tiki, and basicly everyone else, wrong.

He started having fun, stopped looking confused and frustrated all the time. He started making good desicions.

I also think it helped having Jeremy Shockey go down with a broken leg. Yeah, he's a big target, and he is also a big negative personality.

Last year and the year before Eli was overshadowed by the presences of Tiki, Shockey, and Burress.

It was never Eli Manning's huddle. He always had those three in his ear about getting them the ball. Plax wanted the pass thrown to him, Shockey wanted the ball, and Tiki wanted an audible to a run play or for the ball to be dumped off to him in the flat.

Once Shockey went out, it became Eli Manning's huddle. He commanded the attention. Burress didn't have to worry about getting the ball with Tiki and Shockey both gone.

I don't expect things to change at all when Shockey is back with the Giants in 2008. I think this is now Eli Manning's offense, and Shockey and Plax will both be able to respect that.

tony hipchest 02-05-2008 02:10 PM

Re: Eli Manning has arrived

manning was interviewed about shockey last week. he had every opportunity to pull a donovan mcnabb and alienate one of his injured star players. TO turned into a royal prick because his feelings got hurt.

eli said the offense was doing fine but in no way were they better off without shockey. he said it in a very sincere, mature, and professional matter.

ive never disliked eli, and gained alot of respect as soon as i heard the interview. i immediately thought of how mcnabb screwed up several years back.

fansince'76 02-05-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 364234)
manning was interviewed about shockey last week. he had every opportunity to pull a donovan mcnabb and alienate one of his injured star players. TO turned into a royal prick because his feelings got hurt.

eli said the offense was doing fine but in no way were they better off without shockey. he said it in a very sincere, mature, and professional matter.

ive never disliked eli, and gained alot of respect as soon as i heard the interview. i immediately thought of how mcnabb screwed up several years back.

Gee, I hope Hines doesn't turn into a PITA due to Ben's wanting a "tall" WR. :nervous: :chuckle:

steelergirl07 02-05-2008 02:13 PM

I like Eli. I think he's a sweet kid, who had to deal with a lot playing for New York. I think that's enough punishment for his draft day debacle. It's nice to see him doing good and having fun. That's what football should be about, having fun.