Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Penguins Tickets? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23479)

meanjoecoop 02-09-2008 05:48 PM

Penguins Tickets?

Anyone know what the availability of Pens tickets is from scalpers on game day?

Im planning to come up for a game in March. I usually like to have tickets in hand. But this past season when I came in for Steelers games I found better tickets and better prices on game day from scalpers than from Stub Hub and such. I havent seen many tickets on Ebay and the ticket sites are outrageous. Im a bit concerned that they may be scarce ansd unavailable.

Any info would be appreciated.

X-Terminator 02-09-2008 08:33 PM

Re: Penguins Tickets?

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanjoecoop (Post 365357)

Im planning to come up for a game in March. I usually like to have tickets in hand. But this past season when I came in for Steelers games I found better tickets and better prices on game day from scalpers than from Stub Hub and such. I havent seen many tickets on Ebay and the ticket sites are outrageous. Im a bit concerned that they may be scarce ansd unavailable.

There are always scalpers out before Pens games, so they are available. I don't know how many of them they'll have, though, since it's obviously a pretty hot ticket and most fans aren't giving them up. And in March, they will probably be more difficult to get since the Pens will be playing mainly division rivals at home and they may still be fighting for the division title. Good luck - I hope you can get your hands on a couple!

SteelCityMan786 02-09-2008 08:40 PM

There is a decent amount depending on the team, but I might recommend calling in advance pending the team who they're playing.

83-Steelers-43 02-09-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanjoecoop (Post 365357)

You will have no problem. Be there an hour before the game and there are scalpers more than willing to sell. They will cost you, but your chances of grabbing a few are very good.

Scalpers are out there all year long with tickets in hand. Have fun, enjoy yourself and travel safe.

meanjoecoop 03-07-2008 08:40 AM

Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know what section is closest to the away team bench?

http://www.mellonarena.com/seating/1/map.gif

SteelCityMan786 03-07-2008 04:14 PM

I think WI-3

HometownGal 03-07-2008 07:06 PM

Closest to the visitors' bench is EI-3. We sit on that side of the arena and the benches are in front of us.

83-Steelers-43 03-07-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 374089)
I think WI-3

It's section EI-3 with the Penguins in EI-2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanjoecoop (Post 373925)
Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know what section is closest to the away team bench?

Having sat in both sections over the course of my life, just a suggestion MJC...If I were you, I would try shooting for B-section (South end if you can).

My seats are in B-16 (south end). You get to see the opposing goalie twice a game. You are definately low enough to see the players and you are high enough to where you can actually see the whole play develope.

Also, I find the game more enjoyable when watching it from a north to south view compared to east to west. It makes a difference.

But, to each their own. Just throwing out a little advice. Eitherway, have fun MJC. Hopefully Hossa will be back in time.

SteelCityMan786 03-07-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 374148)
It's section EI-3 with the Penguins in EI-2.

I knew one of them was near by. However I never knew if it was the east or west igloo that was on the bench end.

meanjoecoop 03-09-2008 07:36 AM

Thanks! I was just wondering incase we get a chance to walk down to the glass during pre-game. Or do they frown on that kinda stuff? This is our first NHL game.