Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Poll for the Men (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23580)

lamberts-lost-tooth 02-15-2008 02:47 PM

Poll for the Men

Okay...I am talking to two young ladies the other day and they were sharing with me how they were going to make their boyfriend's Valentines Day special by making a homemade meal and homemade dessert.

In a moment of brutal honesty I told them...that if we (men) did that for them, they (women) would most certainly think it was special because of all the work put into it...but that it doesnt work that way in reverse. The end result is much more important then the means. translation: I would rather have a GREAT meal with a person I love..then a good meal made by the person I love.

Needless to say you would have though I just told them that all men are primeval slime.

So I did an informal survey at work...and 100% of the guys agreed...we appreciate our better halves slaving over a homecooked meal....but if given our choice...give me a big ol' steak from Shula's!!!!

So this Poll is for the men only..what do you think?

tony hipchest 02-15-2008 02:52 PM

Re: Poll for the Men

me man. me cook steak. me steak touch nothin but grill. :yummy:

woman put steak in frying pan. :dang: me no like.

tony hipchest 02-15-2008 02:56 PM

this is kinda funny (cause im the cook of the house) but last night i was cooked a valentines dinner of organic spaghetti noodles with organic sauce (no meat).

while i appreciated the gesture i told her she might need to add some ketchup to the sauce to flavor it up some. :dang:

Preacher 02-15-2008 03:22 PM

I gotta say I agree with you.

I would rather have the conversation and a relaxed wife rather than a wife who has slaved all day, worn herself out, and is on pins and needles waiting to see if you liked dinner.

PisnNapalm 02-15-2008 03:58 PM

I do far more actual cooking on our house than my wife does. She steps up for the holidays when we have company. I gotta admit she can cook a great turkey.

revefsreleets 02-15-2008 06:06 PM

Women who cook (and cook well) are a dying breed. Then again, like anything else (ducking as I type this) we do, men are naturally better cooks than women, anyway.

If I had my choice, I would take the homecooked meal 100 times out of 100 times.

steelwall 02-15-2008 08:12 PM

Problem is, my wife is a terrible cook....... glad she doesnt read these forums...

Aussie_steeler 02-15-2008 09:37 PM

Take going out everytime. My wife is a sensational cook and I have to work hard to keep the pounds off due to the quality of her cooking.

When you get the chance to leave your kids with baby sitters and go out for a great meal you jump at it. I love my kids more than anything, but you have gotta appreciate it cause It only happens once or twice a year.

Good food tastes ever better when it is whinge and whine free.

lamberts-lost-tooth 02-16-2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 367038)
I gotta say I agree with you.

I would rather have the conversation and a relaxed wife rather than a wife who has slaved all day, worn herself out, and is on pins and needles waiting to see if you liked dinner.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth 02-17-2008 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler (Post 367212)
Take going out everytime. My wife is a sensational cook and I have to work hard to keep the pounds off due to the quality of her cooking.

When you get the chance to leave your kids with baby sitters and go out for a great meal you jump at it. I love my kids more than anything, but you have gotta appreciate it cause It only happens once or twice a year.

Good food tastes ever better when it is whinge and whine free.

need a translation on that one...."whinge"?