Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Gamer Chat (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   MADDEN 2008 BREAD-N-BUTTER PLAYS (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23599)

12+88=6 02-16-2008 03:23 PM

MADDEN 2008 BREAD-N-BUTTER PLAYS

what are your plays that you go to when you need to get yards? (using the steelers)

i like the shotgun 4wr smah corners play.
i motion parker from the backfield to the right so he's up on the line. they i hot route ward or holes to do a slant in. if willie gets a lb on him he goes deep and throw it to him (watch the saftey though)
or i hit ward or holmes on the slant 8-15 yards just about everytime.
just don't have bolth do slant ins or they'll run into each other.

then if the guy you're playing adjusts and drops back to cover willie, just have him to a slant, out or a drag under the coverage.

anyone else?

Crushzilla 02-17-2008 01:17 AM

Re: MADDEN 2008 BREAD-N-BUTTER PLAYS

I love the normal I, PA QB Waggle.

The play action devours all of the AI Dlinemen and Heath is either wide open about 8 yards down field or your #2 receiver of choice is cutting across about 20 yards deeper.

Nice play.

I, too, am a fan of the Smash Corners.

I like to use the I in all forms and Singleback with twin WRs and 2 TEs, there are some nice passing plays out of the formation.

lilyoder6 02-17-2008 11:24 AM

fb dives and screens if u can get it right

Newzfoxjr 02-17-2008 11:34 AM

Shotgun 4 WR Slants where the RB goes to flats.
Strong I Twin WR Double Flares.

19ward86 02-17-2008 09:08 PM

hail mary.....shotgun 4wr

Hapa 02-19-2008 01:28 PM

I Formation Twin WR
PA TE Leak

The slot receiver runs about 10 yards downfield then runs about 50 degrees up and is usually open, especially in a zone coverage (especially cover 2) and if he isn't, throw a high pass to Heath Miller who runs out about 3 yards and runs a slant to the left. Heath Miller is really good with high passes because he's about 6'5'' and most defensive players like safeties that cover him are 5'11'' so it isn't too difficult to get a pass to him. When I'm in a tight situation I always use this play.

Godfather 02-19-2008 10:01 PM

Madden 07, but I like the routes where Hines runs down the right sideline out of some variant of the I formation. I tore up Oakland for 332 yards this afternoon. (I'm doing an NBA Jam-style thing right now where I started with the Texans and worked my way up.)

As a side note, the view of Mount Washington is awesome. It would be even cooler if they could tap into Google Earth for arieal (sp?) shots in Madden 2009.