Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Will there be an "80's Metal" resurgence? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2363)

Suitanim 10-28-2005 09:50 PM

Will there be an "80's Metal" resurgence?

Could be...I was running a parallel interest in New Wave and punk in the 80's, and actually was full blown "alternative music dude" by like '90.

Anyway, there is a HUGE resurgence in 80's English sounding New Wave...The Killer's, Interpol, Bloc Party, Hot Hot Heat, Kasabian, etc, etc...

If there is interest in the New Wave thing, why not metal?

BlitzburghRockCity 10-28-2005 09:54 PM

Re: Will there be an "80's Metal" resurgence?

80's metal will make a comeback.. everything comes back around in time. The 70's style clothing comes to mind.. all kinds of classic music is still popular.

Bring on the Glam metal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many bands still tour, obviously to much smaller venues that they did in their prime, but its still alive and kicking !!

pitt 10-28-2005 10:52 PM

Man I hope that doesn't happen. One decade of that stuff was enough.

BlitzburghRockCity 10-28-2005 11:12 PM

awe comon man... the melodic hard rock of the 80's was the bomb !! :grin:

Prosdo 10-29-2005 01:33 AM

I really like some of the Killers music. Good stuff!

Koopa 10-29-2005 02:21 AM

well with shit bands like fall out boys, my chemical romance etc. etc. taking over the airwaves, i wouldn't mind more 80s style of music even though i was born in the mid 80s and didn't really get to hear to now.

RoethlisBURGHer 10-29-2005 08:26 PM

I liked a lot of the 80's metal bands.And that stuff it better than the fake-ass punk shit out there.Bands like Fall Out Boy,Simple Plan is just shit.They are pop,not punk.

pitt 10-29-2005 11:11 PM

Well if you guys can listen to that stuff without getting a headache, more power to ya. I'll stick with my classic rock and country music.

ironcitychef 10-30-2005 01:54 AM

I feel like that all green guy on EBAY...a come back of 80's metal? Sweet Me rcy it must come true.:music:

Motley Nate 11-01-2005 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Could be...I was running a parallel interest in New Wave and punk in the 80's, and actually was full blown "alternative music dude" by like '90.

Anyway, there is a HUGE resurgence in 80's English sounding New Wave...The Killer's, Interpol, Bloc Party, Hot Hot Heat, Kasabian, etc, etc...

If there is interest in the New Wave thing, why not metal?

Dude... the Crue had the tour of the year. 3rd largest grossing tour of the year.