Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   jamal lewis afraid to get hurt.... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2364)

tony hipchest 10-28-2005 10:32 PM

jamal lewis afraid to get hurt....

......its a contract year so maybe thats why hes not playing as hard. bull sh%t! its steelers week. he's already making excuses??????? so much for his 'gimme more $$$$ season'.

jerome bettis at 38> jamal at 26

BlitzburghRockCity 10-28-2005 11:13 PM

Re: jamal lewis afraid to get hurt....

espn radio was talking about him the other day...they seem to feel, I think it was eric kusilias' show if I remember right..that maybe he is alittle too comfortable..just happy to be outta jail and playing again..doesnt have the edge like he used too..plus his OL doesnt give him much help either.

Koopa 10-29-2005 12:35 AM

if i had jamal lewis and i ain't get paid yet i think i'd probably do the same, cause look what happened to javon walker, he was holding out for more money and didn't get it and then broke himself and now he probably ain't gonna get shit. jamal will get paid but no point in breakin yourself for a shitty team like the ratbirds.

ironcitychef 10-30-2005 01:49 AM

yeah, any time you hear "I'm not going to kill myself out there cause I got a future to think about" philosophy, you are in trouble.

clevestinks 10-30-2005 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironcitychef
yeah, any time you hear "I'm not going to kill myself out there cause I got a future to think about" philosophy, you are in trouble.

Exactly right! He is trying to handcuff the Ravens front office, who is already paying , an ex con, way more than any other job in the real world would pay. Enough is enough, you are getting paid to play, so play. One thing I don`t like is that veryone is on his ass this week, media, so now he has something to prove on National T.V.

Ambridge 10-31-2005 08:09 AM

I don't understand the reasoning on Jamal's part if he's not playing hard because the Ravens haven't offered him a new deal yet.
Going into a contract year I would think he'd be killing himself on the field in order to showcase his talents......either for the Ravens or for whatever team that's going to give him a big pay day.

BlitzburghRockCity 10-31-2005 08:21 AM

:iagree:

Ive never heard of someone getting on the field in a contract year and stinking up the joint on purpose or just because they dont feel like tryin !! :rolleyes:

Suitanim 10-31-2005 08:31 AM

I read/heard somewhere that he was working out 12 hours a day in jail. That's classic overtraining, and is worse than not training at all. It could be that he just left it all in prison...

tony hipchest 10-31-2005 09:59 AM

appearantly the team told him if he accepted the plea bargain and did his time over the summer it would expidite contract negotiations. he did what they asked but the teams hasnt talked to him yet about his contract like they said.

in a pre season interview with ozzie newsome the gm preety much took a hard line stance against jamal and ed reed saying that reed is under contract for another 2 years and will have to play it out and that all they have to do with lewis is franchise him next year. he pretty much said the ball is in the front offices court and the team is not obligated to do anything right now.

a mistake was also made thinking k. vincent would be a pro bowl lineman. this was an all or nothing year for the ravens. it looks like dissention, turmoil, and another rebuilding stage lie ahead for the bird turds

clevestinks 10-31-2005 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
:iagree:

Ive never heard of someone getting on the field in a contract year and stinking up the joint on purpose or just because they dont feel like tryin !! :rolleyes:

Amen! In basebaal you hit the shit out of the ball, in a contract year, then slide. He is an ex con, get on the field with the rest of your criminals, and play.

Prediction, Mr.Joey Porter may just plant Lewis on that injury list tonite