Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Open Wheel Racing is Back!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23690)

Jeremy 02-22-2008 06:13 PM

Open Wheel Racing is Back!!
 
IRL and Champ Car officially unify!

It's a great day for open wheel racing junkies! It's just too bad S?bastien Bourdais left before this deal happened.

tony hipchest 02-22-2008 10:44 PM

Re: Open Wheel Racing is Back!!
 
so, how quick do you think the influx of "talent" in the combined series will push danica out of a job and onto a strippers pole or porno set?

personally, i just cant get into the open wheel series. of course im a fan of penske going back to the little al days (unsers are new mexicos finest driving family unless youre talking about while under the influence or on snowmobiles).

and of course i liked rahal in the black n gold mgd car. but i just couldnt get into it when the reigning champ cant crack the field in the 500. when no name nigel mansel wins the 500 and disappears as quickly as he came onto the scene. when theres a tift and the league splits, and all the drivers are bores.

the stewarts, newmans, and gordons belong in nascar, as does helio castroneves. not only is his talent being wasted in open wheel, but more importantly, his marketability. maybe hornish jr. making the jump is a sign of things to come.

i still like watching the brickyard, and any race i can catch in texas where the drivers are getting vertigo.

but i just dont see the appeal that nascar has. i was a nascar fan before racing fan so im sure that has something to do with it. of course nascar translates so much better over the tv than open wheel racing does.

the combination of the leagues is a good thing, but it will do nothing more to draw in fans such as myself. shit, the only thing i know about champ car is paul tracey.

Steeler in Carolina 02-22-2008 11:52 PM

Re: Open Wheel Racing is Back!!
 
Give me Nascar any day.

Borski 02-23-2008 12:01 AM

Re: Open Wheel Racing is Back!!
 
Personally, I prefer Rally or Real car racing....whats it called? Le Mans or something like that? (I'm not a big racing can) Although I do like watching the IRL street race in St Pete. FL

OneForTheToe 02-23-2008 12:59 AM

Re: Open Wheel Racing is Back!!
 
I wonder if this will get any of the Open Wheel drivers who recently went to NASCAR to reconsider (like Mr. Ashley Judd). And speaking of Ashley Judd, who by the way has posed in a bikini and less, I note that the calender she did for Kentucky Basketball way back when, where she appeared in just a game jersey, is just about the hottest thing I have ever seen, but I digress.

Where was I ... never mind.

Crushzilla 02-23-2008 02:58 AM

Re: Open Wheel Racing is Back!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 369188)
so, how quick do you think the influx of "talent" in the combined series will push danica out of a job and onto a strippers pole or porno set?

personally, i just cant get into the open wheel series. of course im a fan of penske going back to the little al days (unsers are new mexicos finest driving family unless youre talking about while under the influence or on snowmobiles).

and of course i liked rahal in the black n gold mgd car. but i just couldnt get into it when the reigning champ cant crack the field in the 500. when no name nigel mansel wins the 500 and disappears as quickly as he came onto the scene. when theres a tift and the league splits, and all the drivers are bores.

the stewarts, newmans, and gordons belong in nascar, as does helio castroneves. not only is his talent being wasted in open wheel, but more importantly, his marketability. maybe hornish jr. making the jump is a sign of things to come.

i still like watching the brickyard, and any race i can catch in texas where the drivers are getting vertigo.

but i just dont see the appeal that nascar has. i was a nascar fan before racing fan so im sure that has something to do with it. of course nascar translates so much better over the tv than open wheel racing does.

the combination of the leagues is a good thing, but it will do nothing more to draw in fans such as myself. shit, the only thing i know about champ car is paul tracey.

Wait...

Did you say stripper's pole?

Steeler in Carolina 02-24-2008 01:52 PM

Re: Open Wheel Racing is Back!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OneForTheToe (Post 369198)
I wonder if this will get any of the Open Wheel drivers who recently went to NASCAR to reconsider (like Mr. Ashley Judd). And speaking of Ashley Judd, who by the way has posed in a bikini and less, I note that the calender she did for Kentucky Basketball way back when, where she appeared in just a game jersey, is just about the hottest thing I have ever seen, but I digress.

Where was I ... never mind.


This is not an attempt to correct you, but I had never seen that picture so I just googled it, and it is for Kentucky's hockey team. I didn't even know Kentucky had a hockey team. And, as you said, it is very hot. She is one of my favorite gals.

Jeremy 02-24-2008 01:59 PM

Re: Open Wheel Racing is Back!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeler in Carolina (Post 369788)
This is not an attempt to correct you, but I had never seen that picture so I just googled it, and it is for Kentucky's hockey team. I didn't even know Kentucky had a hockey team. And, as you said, it is very hot. She is one of my favorite gals.

It's a thing the UK hockey team for fund raising. They get cute girls to wear UK hockey sweaters and put them in a calender.

In any event, I expect Dario to be back in open wheel within two years. I think he's a little too old to make a really successful transition to NASCAR. JPM and Hornish Jr will probably stick in NASCAR because JPM has burned all his bridges in open wheel and Haornish Jr is still a young man.

On a side note, former Nationwide and ARCA driver Brent Sherman just made the jump from stocks to open wheel by signing with Panther Racing.

HometownGal 02-24-2008 02:07 PM

Re: Open Wheel Racing is Back!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 369789)
They get cute girls to wear UK hockey sweaters and put them in a calender.

What - no bikinis? :jawdrop:

Jeremy 02-24-2008 02:11 PM

Re: Open Wheel Racing is Back!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 369792)
What - no bikinis? :jawdrop:

I didn't make a judgment on what they do, I was just sharing information. I'm willing to move on from my unChristian behavior.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum