Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Predictions for ratbirds game (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2373)

clevestinks 10-30-2005 01:36 PM

Predictions for ratbirds game

What is the final score? The line midweek was Steelers -10. Will we cover?

I really think we should win by two touchdowns, but I know Cowher hates to run up the score, especially against a team we have to face again this season. So I think Bens numbers will be high in the first half and low in the second.

My guess is STEELERS 27 / ratbirds 3 .

I also predict a defensive TD. And if all goes well, we should have a quick early lead, and then Cowher will run , run, run. Which goes well with me playing Willie Parker in both my fantasy leagues.

stand undefeated 10-30-2005 02:24 PM

Re: Predictions for ratbirds game

21-9... We go up 21-0 in 2nd Q... and hold that lead for a rather boring game.

Prosdo 10-30-2005 03:40 PM

Steelers 24 - Ravens 6

Koopa 10-30-2005 07:45 PM

steelers 28 ravens 10

ward and miller get a touchdown, ARE leads the team in yards, willie gets one and 100+ rushing yards, and ike taylor returns an int. i don't know how the ravens get 10 i'm just being nice lol

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 10-30-2005 08:23 PM

36-6
steelers crush Ratbirds

SteelProven 10-30-2005 08:59 PM

I think this game will define what kind of Steelers team this is. Is it the one that loses to mediocre opponents, or is it one that kicks them while there down? I'm a little optimistic about this game I think one thing I've learned over Cowher tenure is that no game is a gimme. His conservative style maybe great at times, but it can become a disaster just think of the 2002 Falcons game. The Falcons outmatched the entire game then B. Cowher goes into turtle mode and the rest is history. While I don't think this game will end in a tie I do believe if we get a lead early we shouldn't completely abandon the pass. The Steelers can still burn clock while using short effective passes. B. Cowher has to remember he has a good QB at the helm and him forcing passes into coverage are very unlikely. Also I don't think he?s a fumbler in the pocket he does a good job of ball security. So put them away early and subdue any chances of a comeback with good balanced play calling. These are the kind of games that can turn into diasters. The Ravens haven't been able to run the ball, A. Wright is worse than K. Boller I can go on and on. So, if the Steelers come out dominate from the start and continue to the final whistle. Steelers should win easy 27-3.

BurghThing 10-30-2005 09:02 PM

38-3 their offense never crosses the 50, the only points they get is off a ST fumble at the 1. Our defense then pushes them back to a 4th and 28 when they kick their only 3 points of the game.

TasmanianTroy271 10-30-2005 09:12 PM

If the Steelers D let's the Baltimore offense get within field goal range, I'll be dissappointed. This, and the next couple of games, should be confidence boosters for the game against Indy.

Steelers 28
Ravens 3, but I dunno how they'll get it

Iron City Hangover 10-30-2005 09:46 PM

I need a TD from Miller and 2 FG's from Reed for my fantasy team.

20 - 3, Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity 10-30-2005 09:53 PM

Steelers 28, Ratbirds 10 ... We get up on em, and they get a meaningless TD in the final quarter..