Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   My son... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23792)

Stu Pidasso 02-28-2008 08:51 AM

My son...

So I'm up at 6:13am, waking to the cries of my son needing nourishment. I get a bottle ready, grab the Boppy and a burp cloth, and trundle across the hardwood floors of my home, eyes half open, longing for my bed, and the beautiful woman still blissfully asleep in it. I enter the nursery, pick up baby Jay, and when he sees me, he recognizes The Food Guy, and smiles as big as his little face can, waving his arms and legs. What a sight. People go to wars for that smile. So I pick up this beautiful boy, sit down on the couch, turn on NFL Total Access, and start to feed him his bottle. He gulps it up, while making little baby squeals of pleasure. I look down at him. His eyes are half closed, and he's drinking as fast as he can. Just then, his eyes open, and he reaches up with his little chubby hand, and wraps it around my thumb, and looks at me. We share a moment, that moment of unconditional love only a parent and a child could share. I think I would do anything to keep this beautiful child safe and happy. As he looks at me, and I at him, I say, " I love you."

And without missing a beat, he farts. This is my son.

...And the Bengals suck.

The Duke 02-28-2008 09:37 AM

Re: My son...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso (Post 371056)
So I'm up at 6:13am, waking to the cries of my son needing nourishment. I get a bottle ready, grab the Boppy and a burp cloth, and trundle across the hardwood floors of my home, eyes half open, longing for my bed, and the beautiful woman still blissfully asleep in it. I enter the nursery, pick up baby Jay, and when he sees me, he recognizes The Food Guy, and smiles as big as his little face can, waving his arms and legs. What a sight. People go to wars for that smile. So I pick up this beautiful boy, sit down on the couch, turn on NFL Total Access, and start to feed him his bottle. He gulps it up, while making little baby squeals of pleasure. I look down at him. His eyes are half closed, and he's drinking as fast as he can. Just then, his eyes open, and he reaches up with his little chubby hand, and wraps it around my thumb, and looks at me. We share a moment, that moment of unconditional love only a parent and a child could share. I think I would do anything to keep this beautiful child safe and happy. As he looks at me, and I at him, I say, " I love you."

dude, that's great

personally I never see myself having kids, but they say you never know till you have them........

hopefully he grows up a steelers fan :tt02:

Quote:

...And the Bengals suck.
now that's just beautiful :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount 02-28-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso (Post 371056)

...And the Bengals suck.

Beautiful Story "Stu." Almost brought a tear to my eye, but fortunately you saved it with a "happy ending." :thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson 02-28-2008 11:40 AM

Just wait till he's old enough to wear a jersey. :)

My 3 yr old and 6 yr old were geared up and waving out terrible towels as the Steelers came back after spotting the Browns 13 points this year......truly a great family memory.

enjoy.

HometownGal 02-28-2008 12:00 PM

What a lovely story Stu! :cheers: Babies are wonderful little gifts from God!

Baby farts are tolerable. Just wait a few more years - you'll be having farting contests with him like every Dad and son do. My nose remembers it oh so well. :sofunny:

MACH1 02-28-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 371089)
What a lovely story Stu! :cheers: Babies are wonderful little gifts from God!

Baby farts are tolerable. Just wait a few more years - you'll be having farting contests with him like every Dad and son do. My nose remembers it oh so well. :sofunny:

Ahhh yes. My 5 year old thinks its funny to neak up on you and fart. :nervous:

Nice story...Enjoy while you can, next thing you'll know is their mobile and getting into everything. :wink02:

PisnNapalm 02-28-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 371089)
Baby farts are tolerable. Just wait a few more years - you'll be having farting contests with him like every Dad and son do. :sofunny:

Son...? My daughter can out fart me on any given day. She's vicious.

Great little story btw. I remember moments like that. I was the one who got a majority of the nighttime feeding duties.

TroysBadDawg 02-28-2008 01:32 PM

My youngest son (11) loves it in the mornings when he gets up. He comes to the living room and usually crawls into his mothers lap, (at this point I have learned don't let him on mine.) He looks blissfully into her eyes and says in the most tenderest voice, "I love you Mom" then he rips one that rattles windows.

It happens every morning, that is why I don't let him around me until he gives his 21 gun salute.

I asked my wife why she allows him to do that, she says mothers are immune, I say they are not all together. He says she brings out the best in him.:dang::dang:

NJarhead 02-28-2008 04:00 PM

That was a great story. :cheers:

Steeler in Carolina 02-28-2008 05:01 PM

Great story. Kids are the best gift ever.