Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Browns Are Passing Steelers By (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23832)

Elvis 03-01-2008 07:24 PM

Browns Are Passing Steelers By

Let the new reign of AFC North Favorites Begin Folks.. Yep, you heard it hear 1st. The Browns are improving as we speak. Stallworth added at WR and the 2 massive DL coming over from the Packers. The Steelers are gonna stand pat and let the division slip away. If the Steelers are gonna keep a hold of the division this upcoming '08 season they must improve their O Line and defensive line as well. I am not trying to be unSteeler like folks, but if the Steelers dont improve these areas I honestly believe that we are gonna get passed by by the upcoming young Browns.
:coffee:

fansince'76 03-01-2008 07:35 PM

Re: Browns Are Passing Steelers By

I think I'll wait until the Browns actually win a game against the Steelers (something that hasn't happened in almost five years now) before I push the panic button. Especially a Browns team that doesn't have a draft pick until the FOURTH round this year. :yawn:

revefsreleets 03-01-2008 07:35 PM

Big shock considering the source...I guess the question becomes "Will the Browns win the super bowl before Armageddon?"

How's overpaying in free agency worked out for the Redskins? The way to win super bowls, Hell, the way to even GET to a super bowl is to build through the draft. The Browns improved their DL but took a huge blow to their secondary, have only one real LB and don't have a pick in the draft until late in the second day.

Atlanta Dan 03-01-2008 07:38 PM

Well - shit happens

No team has repeated as AFC North champ since 2002 - the cap and free agency is designed to encourage musical chairs among the teams

ShutDown24 03-01-2008 07:44 PM

You can't say they aren't having a good free agency, but the Browns winning the division most definitely isn't set in stone. The thing that I keep coming back to is Anderson. Say what you will about how 'amazing' he played last year, I knew when it mattered he would choke. I think we are safe until Cleveland finally puts Quinn in, and we may be even safer when that happens than we are now. No, on paper this team looks great - but in the end they are always going to be the Browns... And, lol, you didn't hear that here first.

TeeJay 03-01-2008 07:44 PM

Weren't we supposed to fear Baltimore and Cinnci last year?

Besides, NEVER trust a team who play in Orange and Brown - that's just not right!

TeeJay 03-01-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDown24 (Post 371955)
Cleveland finally puts Quinn in,

I'm sure that's what Electric Sixes front man...Dick Valentine has been waiting for. Oh the royalties. Thousands of fans each week singing Gay Bar to the up and 'coming' QB.

At least he's sure of a warm welcome at Heinz Field!! :helmet:

Florida_Steelers_Fan 03-01-2008 07:58 PM

last i checked, championship aren't handed out in march...

the steelers have 2 glaring weaknesses: a pass rush and an inability to keep roethlisberger off his back. once those two things get fixed i think they'll be fine (and woodley should help with the first item).

the browns have many holes to fill, mainly on defense.

don't jump off the bridge just yet...

delhess 03-01-2008 07:59 PM

Q. why do the losing teams always claim dominance at this point in the season???

A. Because it's the only time of the year that they can !!!

delhess 03-01-2008 08:00 PM

i'll throw in the towel when the steelers use their first 3 picks in the draft for punters