Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Should the outcome have been a surprise? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2393)

BlitzburghRockCity 10-31-2005 11:19 PM

Should the outcome have been a surprise?

We all predicted a blowout...but its the ratbirds..a divisional game against our worst rival.. close game, but the D stepped up on the last drive!

Koopa 10-31-2005 11:29 PM

Re: Should the outcome have been a surprise?

we need to stop playing to the level of the other teams cause this shit was way to close for my fragil heart lol. we got green bay next right? if so damn that's gonna be an ugly team to bad we don't have ball hawking secondary but we'll get the W

TasmanianTroy271 10-31-2005 11:32 PM

I know what you mean, Koopa, I can't even enjoy the games anymore when they're like this! come on, my nails can't take much more of these edge-of-the-seat games. We're a superbowl contender, we shouldnt have to struggle every game...

AvoidLLoyd95 10-31-2005 11:33 PM

The defense definately looked lathargic most of the game. They need to have more intensity next week or Favre could hurt them, even after his 5 pick day. That was way too close. But they won, and that is all that matters.

AvoidLLoyd95 10-31-2005 11:34 PM

Miller comes up big again, no surprise. Rookie of the year?

BlitzburghRockCity 10-31-2005 11:35 PM

Heath is definatley making a case for ROTY....but I agree; in a HUGE game we usually come out strong..but in games where we "should" win the game..we seem to play down to their level..

thank God for this win, cuz it sure wasnt pretty!

Koopa 10-31-2005 11:36 PM

naw he won't get rookie of the year cause he doesn't have the numbers that a lot of other rookies do. it'll probably be ronnie brown cause he's starting to pick it up

bigbensgirl7 10-31-2005 11:39 PM

I hated almost every minute of that game....far too close for comfort!!!!!
Heath did come up big again though...gotta love that!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity 10-31-2005 11:39 PM

Bettis just said in an interview...we did everything we could to lose this game..and we just cant have that!!!

he's right!!

BurghThing 10-31-2005 11:42 PM

Should the outcome have been a surprise? No

With the ref's letting them hold on every pass play and interfere on every one of ours, yes it should have. Thats why ABC pays the big bucks to televise a close game every week.