Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Buh Bye Joey (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2396)

BurghThing 11-01-2005 12:05 AM

Buh Bye Joey

Time to get on with your life's work, whatever that may be.

BlitzburghRockCity 11-01-2005 12:08 AM

Re: Buh Bye Joey

Porter is still a leader on this team..and if you notice, he gets ALOT of the double teams by the TE or FB...still yes he needs to step up, but if he's not in there, we do lose alot in leadership and a guy taking up more blockers.

BurghThing 11-01-2005 12:16 AM

Please, how many double teams did you see Joey fighting through tonight? I saw Joey getting stuffed again and again by an aged Ogden. Face it, he's done.

BlitzburghRockCity 11-01-2005 12:29 AM

Ogden is a pro bowl tackle..Joey is pro bowl LB..they were locked dead on all nite...sometimes joey got by but didnt get the sack..sometimes ogden won..its was more or less a stalemate...but throughout the year, teams will generally send the TE to that side to help out, or run away from joey rather than at him w/ out help.

I know he needs to step up his game, thats obvious, but IMO he's not quite THAT bad..

:smile:

pitt 11-01-2005 12:37 AM

I saw Ogden getting away with holding alot.

clevestinks 11-01-2005 04:07 AM

Joey has played inconsistant so far this year. But he is far from washed up!

BB2W 11-01-2005 08:38 AM

I am ready to see Porter replaced, Harrison or Frazier can get blocked all day and not touch the QB for a lot less money. I have said before that I think Porters level of play has declined the last couple seasons. If nothing else... he needs to take a pay cut.

Maybe he just needs Dwight Freeny to teach him that spin move. :rolleyes:

Suitanim 11-01-2005 08:47 AM

I don't know, it seemed like Porter was also dropping back into coverage a lot. I hate to sound like a homer, but I do think LT's get away with a little more holding than the rulebook specifies when they line up against Porter.

He also leads the team in sacks.

BB2W 11-01-2005 08:59 AM

I did notice he was dropping into coverage alot, probabaly because he couldn't get past Ogden. :busted:

It will be interesting to see how things play out. They have a lot of young people to sign, and some will want big money. I imagine they are gonna need to make some cap room. Jeff Hartings and Bettis will clear some space, but... I just don't think Joey's production is equal to his salary.

RoethlisBURGHer 11-01-2005 10:05 AM

Me and my grandpa noticed a lot of holding of Porter by Ogden...and it never got called.