Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Did Anthony Wright REALLY "light us up"? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2397)

Suitanim 11-01-2005 09:24 AM

Did Anthony Wright REALLY "light us up"?

No. (Credit goes to my buddy Jason for this one)
Going into the game, Wright was:QB Rating: 73.2Comp %: 62.5YPG: 196.17YPA: 6.13
Anthony Wright last night?
QB Rating: 61.9 (his lowest rating this year)Comp %: 56.8 (his third lowest in 7 games)YPG: 252 (highest yardage w/ highest attempts)YPA: 5.73 (third lowest in 7 games)

Wright actually had a DOWN night last night...against the worst ranked pass D they've faced...

that's right...INDY TENN NYJ DET CLE and CHI are all ranked above us in pass D...

unless you go by TDs...and then we are tied at #2...

BlitzburghRockCity 11-01-2005 09:33 AM

Re: Did Anthony Wright REALLY "light us up"?

of course he didnt light us up.they hit a few bigger plays and alot of underneath stuff...but we set out and accomplished the game plan..and that was to stop jamal lewis and the running game.. we did that. taylor had a few yards on us in the 2nd half, but we forced them to 1 dimensional most of the time.

Motley Nate 11-01-2005 09:35 AM

I thought Anthony Wright was extremely ineffective. He kept overthrowing his men. I knew Pittsburgh was going to win when he couldn't make a good throw to save his life. The Ravens O-line held up good, just Wright couldn't throw worth a damn. Good drive to end the game.

clevestinks 11-01-2005 12:26 PM

Didn`t throw worth a damn?? If this is true, I would have hated to see the final score if he did. He was very effective when it counted the most, it seemed to me that for every 3rd and long he answered. What more do you need than that? I hate to say this , but he did "Light us up" At least for Anthony Wright, this was a light up game. If it were Brady or Manning and they had those numbers aginst us, then NO it wouldn`t be considered a light up! But the 32nd rated offense in the league, against a Steelers defense that is supposed to be rated among the best. And some db`s that we were all bragging about last week. When you take all this into consideration, then we got lit up!

ngreene15 11-01-2005 07:37 PM

I thought Anothony Wright played good against the Steelers (Good for him anyway.).... The Ravens offensive line was giving him time, which can make the below average QB's in then NFL look good.