Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers vs Redskins (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=241)

SteelersGirlTN7 11-27-2004 04:46 AM

Steelers vs Redskins

Here's something I wrote for the game this week! Enjoy!

It's week 12 - time for another football game
3 teams at the top - they're still the same

We meet the Redskins for another game at home
Prepare for a ride on the "Bus" named Jerome

We haven't been 9-1 since 1978
Big Ben has turned this season into something great

We definitely didn't play our best last Sunday
But to be a good team you have to win anyway

Ben may not have had his best game of the year
But the defense stepped up and gave us reason to cheer

We beat undefeateds, we're taking over our division
At the end of the season, it won't be a tough decision

We've heard a lot of big talk over the last few weeks
No one can back it up and we just continue our streak

Before you talk the talk, be sure you can walk the walk
Got Ben? We do - Steelers continue to rock!

GO STEELERS!

SteelersFever 11-28-2004 02:41 PM

Re: Steelers vs Redskins

Very good! I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing it with everyone. Maybe we can expect another one next week. ;)

BlitzburghRockCity 11-28-2004 04:39 PM

well, its 13-0, start of the second half, and Farrior came up with yet another HUGE play to force a punt on the skins opening possession. !

Farrior is indeed, as Tunch just mentioned, is makeing a serious run for not only the pro bowl, but defensive player of the year. Not to mention, he's got my vote for Steelers MVP.

BlitzburghRockCity 11-28-2004 05:05 PM

oh geez..they just scored..we held em 3 consecutive times inside the 2, but they scored on 4th and goal.

Stopping them would have been better..but that field position for us would have sucked too.

BlitzburghRockCity 11-28-2004 05:22 PM

ok 16-7 now with just under 10 minutes to go. Ben really threw that last pass to on 3rd down behind the WR..but Reed came thru again! Gotta play some more good defense now!!

BlitzburghRockCity 11-28-2004 05:57 PM

Whew!! 16-7 ...defense came up big, and Jerome and Co. did just enough on the ground to keep the defense honest. Well, we're 10-1 !!! and still have the ratbirds nippin at our heals...hopefully Jamal Lewis is out today, but either way, comon Pats !!!

Pass protection the last 2 weeks has been suspect some, so we need to shore that up!

next up..Primetime next weekend, on ESPN..sunday nite at the Jags!!!

SteelersGirlTN7 11-28-2004 07:31 PM

[quote author=Mike link=board=steelers;num=1101541565;start=0#1 date=11/28/04 at 12:41:35]Very good! I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing it with everyone. Maybe we can expect another one next week. ;)[/quote]

Thank you! Ive been writing these for a long time. I used to write them for the home games at 3 Rivers when I lived in OH. I got away from it for awhile, now that I live in TN. This year has reinspired me though! I just found this website and it's very cool! I'll continue to share though ! :-)

Michele