Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Men's Fantasy Camp (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24165)

SteelersHoss 03-21-2008 10:16 PM

Men's Fantasy Camp

I am proud to say, my wife is the best. She just presented me with a form that she she sent in for me to attend the Men's Steelers Fantasy Camp in May/June.
I am curious, has anyone been there before? How good of a time is it? Do the players, special guests sign autographs, pictures taken? I am pumped. Just me and myself for a weekend hanging out with fellow Steelers fans. Any and all information is grealtly appreciated.

BettisFan 03-21-2008 10:23 PM

Re: Men's Fantasy Camp

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersHoss (Post 379376)
I am proud to say, my wife is the best. She just presented me with a form that she she sent in for me to attend the Men's Steelers Fantasy Camp in May/June.
I am curious, has anyone been there before? How good of a time is it? Do the players, special guests sign autographs, pictures taken? I am pumped. Just me and myself for a weekend hanging out with fellow Steelers fans. Any and all information is grealtly appreciated.

wow thats tight, i saw that on steelers.com looks tight, enjoy it let us know how it goes.

steeltheone 03-21-2008 10:43 PM

Went last year and will be going this year too. Great time. Meet all the players, hear the stories...work out with position coaches...great food...very relaxed.

SteelersHoss 03-22-2008 08:08 AM

do the guys share dorm rooms? Is there Beer allowed in the rooms? I read last year that gift bags were handed out, what were in them? I am like a 8 year old boy again.

Stlrs4Life 03-23-2008 10:20 AM

Have a good one Hoss! Make sure you save some $$ so you can make it to another game this season.

SteelersHoss 03-23-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life (Post 379724)
Have a good one Hoss! Make sure you save some $$ so you can make it to another game this season.

My Friend, my wife and I are waiting for the schedule to come out to decide what game to go to. We will be there with Bell's on.

Preacher 03-23-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersHoss (Post 379850)
My Friend, my wife and I are waiting for the schedule to come out to decide what game to go to. We will be there with Bell's on.

I made that trip last year.

May I suggest you stay at the Springhill Suites by mariott.

it is very close to the stadium (walking distance).

They also have a shuttle to take you pretty much anywhere you want except the airport.

make sure you get a room with a stadium view and a hot tub!!

BettisFan 03-23-2008 08:29 PM

Wait preacher where are your from? I thought pittsburgh

SteelersHoss 03-24-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 379855)
I made that trip last year.

May I suggest you stay at the Springhill Suites by mariott.

it is very close to the stadium (walking distance).

They also have a shuttle to take you pretty much anywhere you want except the airport.

make sure you get a room with a stadium view and a hot tub!!

Actually, we stayed at a the Marriot by the Mellon Arena. A little farther, but we stayed there each night for no more than 40 bucks. Scored the rooms on Priceline. If you don;t care what hotel you stay at, good site to check out.
We were able to walk around downtown, and it was only a 40 mnin walk back from the football stadium. I love your City, I really do.

steeltheone 03-24-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersHoss (Post 379444)
do the guys share dorm rooms? Is there Beer allowed in the rooms? I read last year that gift bags were handed out, what were in them? I am like a 8 year old boy again.

Yes, you stay with another camper in the dorms. We got a jersey w name on it ,hat, tshirt,stickers. You get a photo and video with all the camp activities later.