Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ben's Punts and El's Snap (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2420)

TasmanianTroy271 11-03-2005 02:42 PM

Ben's Punts and El's Snap

What are up with these plays? I'm not saying they're bad, I've just never seen the Steelers do anything like these before? Are there any other NFL quarterbacks who pooch punt? It works out well for us. and who saw that snap straight to El coming? i dunno how many, but that gained us some yards. It was a nice play. Maybe we'll see a Fleaflicker or a Statue of Liberty or a punt fake next :P

BurghThing 11-03-2005 02:56 PM

Re: Ben's Punts and El's Snap

Thats the second pooch punt Ben has tried this year. And obviously the best. El has lined up behind center and taken direct snaps before, usually after one of the many many TV timeouts we're forced to endure. It almost always goes for positive yards.

AvoidLLoyd95 11-03-2005 03:23 PM

When Mularky was off. coord. we pulled shit out of our asses alot of times. Trick plays are great. I dunno why most teams don't use them more. They work for the Steelers about 7 of 10 times. I like them.

Prosdo 11-03-2005 03:26 PM

That punt by Ben was sweet. The last one didn't work so well, but this one did.

clevestinks 11-04-2005 11:18 AM

We`ve been known for trick plays for a while now. With multi position athletes like Ward, El, and Kordell before, why not try some trickery?

pitt 11-04-2005 12:47 PM

Remember Kordell's first year (reciever not QB)? There were so many stunts and trick plays you could never tell what was going to happen next. That was a fun year to watch.

clevestinks 11-04-2005 12:49 PM

You can`t helped but notice that Cowher is attacted to the multi position players

Grey 11-04-2005 01:18 PM

During the last Mularky year it got a little of of hand, and I've been glad to see much less of the trick plays last year and this year.

Regarding Ben's punts . . . both times now he has punted, but remember that the reason they have him in there is for the option to run or pass for the first down. I don't think we've seen the last of that play, though the last one was almost blocked . . . yikes.

Here we go.
Grey

tony hipchest 11-04-2005 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitt
Remember Kordell's first year (reciever not QB)? There were so many stunts and trick plays you could never tell what was going to happen next. That was a fun year to watch.

indeed it was, especially in the sb!

Suitanim 11-04-2005 07:10 PM

We've run the Quick Kick ever since Cowher arrived...it's an excellent play to keep in the arsenal.