Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Last season for Joe Pa? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24283)

PisnNapalm 03-29-2008 08:07 PM

Last season for Joe Pa?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08089/869080-100.stm

Paterno says he's not worried about contract
Saturday, March 29, 2008
By Ron Musselman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- Penn State coach Joe Paterno insisted today that he's not worried about getting an extension when this contact expires after the 2008 season.

"I don't even care if I get a contract," he said in his first news conference with reporters in three months. "I'll be very frank with you. I think the university will do what it thinks is right whenever the time comes. Right now, I'm very comfortable.

"If I've got to have a contract to keep my job here, I'm in the wrong place."

The 81-year-old Paterno, the second winningest coach in Division I history behind Florida State's Bobby Bowden, recently met with president Graham Spanier and athletic director to Tim Curley to discuss his future and a possible succession plan.

Two members of Penn State's Board of Trustees told the Post-Gazette the meeting did not go smoothly.

Paterno disputed that.

"We talked about what the situation was because there was some pressure on some people about doing something," he said. "I have no problem. I'm not looking for a contract. I'm not looking for anything."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok... Speaking just for me as a PA resident and pseudo PSU fan. I married an alum. I believe it is time for Joe Pa to hang it up. I've thought that for a few years now actually.

millwalldavey 03-29-2008 11:45 PM

Re: Last season for Joe Pa?

It's time.

Steeler in Carolina 03-30-2008 12:07 AM

Cowher in 09.

Jeremy 03-30-2008 10:17 AM

Paterno has totally lost it. Time for him to go back to New York.

Dino 6 Rings 04-01-2008 01:06 PM

As a Pitt fan, I have some mixed feelings on Joe Pa...

First, I hate Joe Pa, because...well I hate Penn State...but as long as Penn State stays mediocre, which they will with Joe at the helm, I'm kind of in favor of him staying on forever, I mean, really, they don't strike fear into anyone's heart and we keep taking recruits from them, which rules.

But, Because Joe Pa is there, PSU and PITT won't play each other. It is well documented, that Joe is the reason they don't play anymore. Once he leaves, you can be sure, the first priority will be the renewal of that rivalry. So for that reason, I want the old man out.

Until then, I guess I'll just deal with...Got You Last! 12-0.

LETS GO PITT!!!

SteelCityMan786 04-01-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeler in Carolina (Post 381416)
Cowher in 09.

He's cleared all rumors he won't come. But if he were to, I'd be killing to be part of his 2010 recruiting class.

millwalldavey 04-01-2008 08:32 PM

Oh god, if Cowher came, i'd ditch Michigan for PSU in a second!

Dino 6 Rings 04-02-2008 12:18 PM

Only one NFL Superbowl Winning head coach has ever gone back to the College Ranks, that was Bill Walsh going to Stanford, and he only stayed as HC for a year or two, finding himself more suited for the "front office" and not so much on the sidelines. I highly doubt Cowher goes to a college team, ever.

Look for Cowher on the Carolina Panther sidelines in 09.

Jeremy 04-02-2008 12:29 PM

Al Golden will be the next head coach at Penn State.

Dino 6 Rings 04-02-2008 12:38 PM

I think it'll be Greg Schiano from Rutgers.