Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   2008 NBA Playoffs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24561)

Rhee Rhee 04-16-2008 03:27 AM

2008 NBA Playoffs

well the lakers just won the west and celtics won the east awhile back..

i personally am a laker fan and i believe that the lakers are a force to be reckoned with and i dare any team (other than celtics) to match up with them when everyone is healthy...

PG-Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF- Lamar Odom
PF- Pau Gasol
C- Andrew Bynum

once bynum comes back healthy I sincerely believe the lakers will at least make it to the NBA finals...

stlrtruck 04-16-2008 09:08 AM

Re: For anyone who cares about the NBA

Not much of a Lakers fan, not much of an NBA fan but there is joy within when I see the Lakers lose - sort like watching the yankees and red sox lose in MLB

lilyoder6 04-16-2008 09:13 AM

the lakers are sick this yr.. i think that it was like taking candy from a baby when they got gasol.. kobe is having a gr yr.. and should get the mvp if not then to kg... and some of there bench players are stepping up like sujaic or w/e his name is.. and turiaf... be a good playoffs..

stlrtruck 04-16-2008 10:20 AM

I'd have to agree, talent wise they've got the making of a great team to really push through the playoffs to the Championship games - probably sweep them if not go 4-1

But there's hope they screw it up themselves.

BettisFan 04-16-2008 05:05 PM

GO ROCKETS!

tony hipchest 04-16-2008 05:17 PM

this is tough.

if i had to claim one team as my team it would be the sonics, going all the way back to s. kemp, g. payton, d. schrempf, n. mcmillan, and k. gill.

and my local team (who i always pull for) is the suns.

since im not overly team loyal i primarily root for players and different teams in different years.

ive always been a huge fan of ray allen and kevin garnett (i have their jerseys since their rookie seasons).

but it kills me to pull for a boston team, as i never really liked larry birds celtics.

dr j and the 76ers were always my team as a kid, and im still a huge iverson fan (and of course george karl).

huge fan of tim duncan since he returned to wake forest for his senior season.

labron is simply amazing and i am just now getting to where i can appreciate kobe bryant and dont despise him as much.

im just looking forward to some great nba playoff basketball!

while the fundamentals seem to go in the crapper, year after year, the talent just seems to keep on increasing.

The Duke 04-16-2008 08:48 PM

Kobe for MVP!

since I root for the knicks(yes, I know lol) in the playoffs I constantly change who I root for. last year was the spurs, now it'll probably be the lakers, I just loved how kobe played this season

I will never root for boston team. the cavs....I just feel for bad lebron, he's good, but his team will keep stopping him, it's cleveland after all. he seems really determined though, the sweep in the finals last year made him grow as a player.

so....go lakers!

lilyoder6 04-17-2008 10:46 AM

lebron is good but kobe is amazing.... i think te mvp will either go to kobe or KG.... but it will be a nice nba championship game between the lakers and celtics..

The Duke 04-17-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyoder6 (Post 387163)
lebron is good but kobe is amazing.... i think te mvp will either go to kobe or KG.... but it will be a nice nba championship game between the lakers and celtics..

in terms of being more valuable to their teamI think kobe gets it. garnett's been great, but no at lebron's or kobe's level. now lebron getting it could happen too....

celtics in the championship? nah, I want them to lose in round 1. pistons- lakers is my prediction

lilyoder6 04-17-2008 05:39 PM

well u have to look at what kg did 4 that team.. he is the leader and brought them back to winning.. yes he had help but he is the main reason...