Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Roethlisberger sitting in on pre-draft meetings (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24655)

lamberts-lost-tooth 04-22-2008 05:21 AM

Roethlisberger sitting in on pre-draft meetings

Quote:

Steelers | Roethlisberger sitting in on pre-draft meetings
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:38:22 -0700

The NFL Network reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger has been sitting in and giving input in some of the team's pre-draft meetings.
http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl
This could be more telling than it appears at face value.

Aussie_steeler 04-22-2008 07:01 AM

Re: Roethlisberger sitting in on pre-draft meetings

Has smoke screen written all over it. With so many WR's available at the 23 pick it creates maximum confusion.

Maybe the input was something like " which WR do you like better?" 0r " which DE / OLB scares the living sh*t out of you"

Interesting to see in the other KFFL reports that Colbert again has ruled out taking a QB and TE, will not trade up and will definitely look at trading down. I am no rocket scientist but I think we all had those three options covered.

DACEB 04-22-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler (Post 388286)
Maybe the input was something like " which WR do you like better?" 0r " which DE / OLB scares the living sh*t out of you"

:rofl:

steelwall 04-22-2008 07:37 AM

I remember when we hired KVO, word was, they asked D.Dawson, who was difficult to block and KVO came up as one of the first's on his list. Not long after that KVO was signed.

However the sitution was different then... But.....Why not get Big Ben's input (for whatever it's worth)....after all we just shelled out a big contract to him, and he will be the face of our franchise for years to come.....

lilyoder6 04-22-2008 10:37 AM

on the nfl network yesterday.. ben did say that he was in the draft meetings but tomlin kicked him out early on.. so it's not like he said or heard anything...

except 4 the words.. to start the meeting

revefsreleets 04-22-2008 02:03 PM

If I was an NFL QB, I'd want input, particularly on WR's. What could his 2 cents hurt?

tony hipchest 04-22-2008 02:59 PM

i can hear it now...

colbert: "hey ben, what are you least comfortable with? the smorgasbord of beef we have protecting you, or the group of smurfs youre throwing the ball too?"

ben: "just get me john kuhn!"

all kidding aside, i agree w/ reve. i think its fair to assess if ben is still comfortable calling blocking schemes as opposed to a rookie and things like that.

verks36 04-22-2008 03:11 PM

I wonder what he is telling them

Ben- " Draft the tallest WR in the draft"

CanadianSteel 04-22-2008 04:27 PM

Hopefully they said something like "Ben here are the receivers we think will be available in the 3rd round - which ones do you like..... and then kicked him out...

rdsovchen 04-22-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 388419)
If I was an NFL QB, I'd want input, particularly on WR's. What could his 2 cents hurt?

Well look at it this was, the Rooney's now only owe him $102,999,999.98:rofl: