Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   only ten minutes per selection! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24687)

rdsovchen 04-23-2008 10:50 AM

only ten minutes per selection!

Hey,
What do you steeler nation fans think?
Will the reduction in time limit, from 15 minutes to 10 minutes in the first two rounds, cause more teams to get a liitle more jumpy at accepting and offering trade deals?
A 33% cut in time is quite a bit, although much needed!
I can see the war rooms being a little more stressed out this year.

DACEB 04-23-2008 11:15 AM

Re: only ten minutes per selection!

Last year took forever and a day, so the cut in time was needed.

I was wondering myself if anyone thought that trade talks start before draft day. Is it possible teams go into the draft with an agreement already in place for a trade. I know it sounds strange, because we don't know how things will play out.

steelymcmatt 04-23-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACEB (Post 388751)
Last year took forever and a day, so the cut in time was needed.

I was wondering myself if anyone thought that trade talks start before draft day. Is it possible teams go into the draft with an agreement already in place for a trade. I know it sounds strange, because we don't know how things will play out.

I think that the framework for deals will be in place, but specific names will not be discussed.

DACEB 04-23-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelymcmatt (Post 388769)
I think that the framework for deals will be in place, but specific names will not be discussed.

Right, obviously no names, I keep thinking we already have a deal with Atl.

Rhee Rhee 04-23-2008 03:17 PM

i always like the 15 minutes the espn guys used to talk about the steelers and our chances and for next year

faneca05 04-23-2008 03:22 PM

I think the change was needed because last year seemed like it would never end. I also think it will cause the front office to examine players more closely so they know exactly who they want.

millwalldavey 04-23-2008 03:25 PM

Took too long before...

Think the Fins will still take their 10 minutes.

BettisFan 04-23-2008 05:46 PM

now i will be able to watch the draft with out falling asleep!

Galax Steeler 04-24-2008 03:52 AM

I really like the new time 15 min just took to long.

Elvis 04-24-2008 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millwalldavey (Post 388832)
Took too long before...

Think the Fins will still take their 10 minutes.

:hatsoff: You are probably right bud. I am just glad that they changed to 10 minutes and think that they really could have went to 7 minutes myself. Before the draft happens most teams in the league already have their players rated and know who they will chose if he is still there at their pick.