Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Possible Trades (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24700)

steelymcmatt 04-24-2008 02:31 PM

Possible Trades

So I've been thinking this morning about existing players and their fit for us, and here's what I've come up with, in no particular order:

1. Jason Taylor: He's an incredible player, and would solve our defensive lines need, but for how long? I'd be willing to give the Dolphins our 23 for Jason if we swapped 2nds, so we could get an o-lineman at the top of the 2nd.

2. Lito Sheppard: A good, not great, corner when healthy. The problem is he's not played a whole season. I'd consider giving up a 3rd or 4th for this player.

3. Anquan Bolden: Great talent, but the asking price to get him is too high, and we can't afford him under our salary cap.

4. Chad Johnson: I wouidn't touch him with SOMEONE ELSE'S 10 foot pole!

5. Dewayne Robertson: Not a good fit in the 3-4, or he wouldn't be on the trading block.

6. Roy Williams: Same story as Bolden, but I'm not sure he's as great a talent.

SO, three questions remain:

1. Is there anyone who would fit a need of ours I missed?

2. Anyone have information on the asking price for any of these players?

3. What's your take on these 6?

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

Florida_Steelers_Fan 04-24-2008 10:52 PM

Re: Possible Trades

no thanks...build through the draft.

if anything, i'd rather colbert trade down and get an extra pick or two.

BettisFan 04-24-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelymcmatt (Post 389032)
So I've been thinking this morning about existing players and their fit for us, and here's what I've come up with, in no particular order:

1. Jason Taylor: He's an incredible player, and would solve our defensive lines need, but for how long? I'd be willing to give the Dolphins our 23 for Jason if we swapped 2nds, so we could get an o-lineman at the top of the 2nd.

2. Lito Sheppard: A good, not great, corner when healthy. The problem is he's not played a whole season. I'd consider giving up a 3rd or 4th for this player.

3. Anquan Bolden: Great talent, but the asking price to get him is too high, and we can't afford him under our salary cap.

4. Chad Johnson: I wouidn't touch him with SOMEONE ELSE'S 10 foot pole!

5. Dewayne Robertson: Not a good fit in the 3-4, or he wouldn't be on the trading block.

6. Roy Williams: Same story as Bolden, but I'm not sure he's as great a talent.

SO, three questions remain:

1. Is there anyone who would fit a need of ours I missed?

2. Anyone have information on the asking price for any of these players?

3. What's your take on these 6?

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

I would love all or any of them wow any would be a great addition, i just dont think it will happen :mad:

Galax Steeler 04-25-2008 05:05 AM

Out of everyone mentioned I don't see us trading for any of them.