Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Jonathan Stewart (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24703)

faneca05 04-24-2008 03:08 PM

Jonathan Stewart

A lot of people have Jonathan Stewart going to the steelers even when there are O and D lineman with 1st round grades. What are the chances of this actually happening?

xXTheSteelKingsXx 04-24-2008 03:13 PM

Re: Jonathan Stewart

I'd say that the cahnces are pretty high. It's a two back league and as much as we like to run, we are going to have to get a good one two punch. If Stewart is available I see us grabbing him unless Otah or Albert falls.

19ward86 04-24-2008 03:43 PM

just put it this way, i wouldnt get your hopes up for drafting a certain player. For all we know he will go to the Texans at 18 and we will be left to draft a second rate player, or trade down, which is what i would do if albert and stewart arent there.

millwalldavey 04-24-2008 03:44 PM

Yeah... if they cannot get first rate talent at OL, DL, CB with the 23rd, grab him if he's there or trade down.

El-Gonzo Jackson 04-24-2008 03:45 PM

I'll take the other view. Steelers havent taken a RB in the first since 1989 and with a pro bowler on the roster I dont expect to see it happen this year.

O-line, D-line are the priority with a backup RB being around later. Matt Forte or Tashard Choice could be this years Michael Turner or Ahmad Bradshaw.

Aussie_steeler 04-24-2008 07:42 PM

This is the one player that has me really confused if he were available at #23.
He could contribute immediate on Special teams and maybe 10 - 15 offensive plays straight away. If we know FWP only has one or two more seasons left then could lean towards YES. But with the aging state of our O and D lines I think that they command more attention now than one of our major strength areas, starting RB.

Which ever way I go with Stewart I think I will always get it wrong. I have a gut feeling that he may be too good to pass up if available. He is the only player in the 20 to 30 projected range that gives me that feeling.

heres an interesting read on Stewart
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ill&id=3364788

Rhee Rhee 04-25-2008 01:05 AM

very, very likely that we could be getting jonathan stewart... i think it hinges on what arizona, detroit and denver do with their picks...

i think this may end up to be one of the most unpredictable steeler drafts in recent memory...

Galax Steeler 04-25-2008 03:53 AM

I belive if he is there we will take him.

steelymcmatt 04-25-2008 05:31 AM

Bear in mind that FWP is only signed through 2009. Not saying we won't re-sign him, but our history in that regard isn't real great. It would be nice to have someone behind him if we decide to let him test free agency. Having said that, there are a number of quality running backs in this draft and we could pick up a player later in the 3rd/4th round. One more thought.....on sirius NFL radio Pat and T-rock were saying that the Raiders were trying to get back into the 2nd for a speedy wide reciever. Possible compensation discussed was Fabian Washington/Bush and next year's 2nd. What if we said we don't want next year's 2nd, just Washington and Bush....solidies our DB need and our RB need all with one pick. Just a thought......

revefsreleets 04-25-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galax steeler (Post 389196)
I belive if he is there we will take him.

That's the $64,000 question. Will he be there? I'm with you, though. If he's there, we grab him.