Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Steelers select Limas Sweed (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24749)

Steel Buckeye 04-26-2008 07:16 PM

Steelers select Limas Sweed

Now this is a pick I'm excited about, today the Steelers got 2 huge steals. I'm still worried about the o-line, but Carl Nicks, Kirk Barton, and Drew Radovich are still there. I really hope they spend the next 2 picks on o-line, or these flashy new players of ours won't do much good.

El-Gonzo Jackson 04-26-2008 07:23 PM

How Sweed it is!!

Gotta say I am diasppointed by not getting O linemen or D linemen on day 1, but Mendenhall and Sweed are great talents!!!

Sweed slipped because of injury and slow times, but if you watched him play he is a big time WR and the possibility of Holmes, Sweed and Miller as targets for Ben is outstanding!!

El-Gonzo Jackson 04-26-2008 07:24 PM

Re: Steelers select Limas Sweed

Sorry Buckeye, not a Barton fan. Still hoping Collins or Nicks will be around in the 3rd, but might have to take a look at Kendall Langford if he is around too.

Black@Gold Forever32 04-26-2008 07:26 PM

Re: How Sweed it is!!

I believe DL will be the next target....Dude all the top OL were gone by 23....even over-rated ones like Otah and Cherilus were gone by 23.....Sam Baker and Duane Brown both went in the first round when they should have been 2nd rounders......It just wasn't in the cards for us to take an OL early...lol

Steeldude 04-26-2008 07:26 PM

i guarantee next year there will be another large group of steelers' fans wanting a WR taken in the first round.

Rhee Rhee 04-26-2008 07:31 PM

i might be in the minority but im too angry that groves went right before us to be ecstatic about sweed...

he's an athletically gifted reciever and he knowns how to find that ball, catches the ball very well but im a little afraid the only route he knows how to run is a fade or a streak (just look at his highlights)... we already have santonio holmes to do that for us...

im a little iffy on this pick.. but it could turn out very well

BettisFan 04-26-2008 07:43 PM

we got our tall wide out!

rdsovchen 04-26-2008 07:45 PM

oooohh boy,
Mendenhall....and then Sweed! Holy crap, can you say 40+ points a game.
Think they are trying to keep pace with Indy and New England.
This offense better rock and roll, no matter what kind of O-Line they can put together.

SteelerFanInATL 04-26-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Buckeye (Post 390350)
Now this is a pick I'm excited about, today the Steelers got 2 huge steals. I'm still worried about the o-line, but Carl Nicks, Kirk Barton, and Drew Radovich are still there. I really hope they spend the next 2 picks on o-line, or these flashy new players of ours won't do much good.

I agree 100%. Tomorrow will be interesting. Can't wait to see what happens:tt::tt:

HometownGal 04-26-2008 07:54 PM

This is the tall receiver the Steelers wanted for Ben - good pick. :tt02: My wee bit of hesitation here is that Sweed had wrist surgery this past season, but hopefully this won't be a factor in how well he performs. From the reading I've done on him, he is very capable of putting up the numbers and also can go across the middle with ease.