Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Ever notice that the ESPN analysis on draftees is always negative? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24753)

El-Gonzo Jackson 04-26-2008 09:09 PM

Ever notice that the ESPN analysis on draftees is always negative?

Just a favorite observation, but ever notice that the Scouts inc analysis on ESPN always focuses on the negatives of the drafted players??

Groves is too light.
Merling is too slow
Sweed cant play bump and run
Forte is a reach....etc.

Man I love the drama that is ESPN and the drama queens they have for broadcasters.

Texasteel 04-26-2008 09:36 PM

Re: Ever notice that the ESPN analysis on draftees is always negative?

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson (Post 390479)
Just a favorite observation, but ever notice that the Scouts inc analysis on ESPN always focuses on the negatives of the drafted players??

Groves is too light.
Merling is too slow
Sweed cant play bump and run
Forte is a reach....etc.

Man I love the drama that is ESPN and the drama queens they have for broadcasters.

Thats an old media trick. If Groves turns out to be great, he overcame the fact that he was to light. If he turns out to be a bust, well we told ya. They have been doing that for years.

Hapa 04-26-2008 09:56 PM

When people try to single out who to pick for something, you always try to find whats wrong with them and eliminate them, not whats good and keep them. It's faster.

19ward86 04-26-2008 10:11 PM

I hate how there is always 1 guy who thinks it is cool to disagree with everybody. Marcellus Wiley said that Matt Ryan was basically an average non franchise QB. How many others have said that??

Steelers43fan 04-27-2008 09:32 PM

I think Forte is going to be really good. I just have a really good feeling about this kid.

Jeremy 04-27-2008 09:58 PM

Mel Kiper seems to take it personally when teams don't do what he thinks they should do.

El-Gonzo Jackson 04-28-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers43fan (Post 391836)
I think Forte is going to be really good. I just have a really good feeling about this kid.

I have the same feeling about Tashard Choice. I thought Forte went a round too early at least, but you never know.

RoethlisBURGHer 04-28-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 391845)
Mel Kiper seems to take it personally when teams don't do what he thinks they should do.

That's because he feels he can do a better job than a team's GM/Head Coach/Owner.

BettisFan 04-28-2008 12:35 AM

yea and kiper is always wrong....