Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   How about Jacksonville!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24762)

aclark99 04-26-2008 10:43 PM

How about Jacksonville!!!

Jacksonville just put it to us again. The Jag-offs knew that the Steelers were very high on Groves and most likely would have been the pick instead of Sweed. Groves would have been a nice addition however, Sweed is a real nice WR. Ward only has about 2 to 3 years left and this guy will definetely step in and put up some nice numbers. Mendenhall and Sweed in day 1 couldn't ask for a better draft. Tomorrow will dawn the pick of lineman. Perhaps, Nicks or Cousins. Both have a tremendous upside. I wouldn't be upset with Avril, Langford or Molden. Sets up an interesting day.

Black@Gold Forever32 04-26-2008 10:53 PM

Re: How about Jacksonville!!!

I think the Jags gave up way to much for Harvey....They also traded up for Groves.....Those two better pan out since they really gave up their entire draft for these two....

Steelman16 04-26-2008 10:55 PM

Yeah. How about Jacksonville. :coffee:

I don't understand why they'd trade up to get Groves in the 2nd round, after they'd already drafted a high DE prospect.

Galax Steeler 04-27-2008 03:48 AM

Jacksonville really gave up to much in the draft for those two players that might come back and haunt them.

DACEB 04-28-2008 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galax steeler (Post 390683)
Jacksonville really gave up to much in the draft for those two players that might come back and haunt them.

Let's hope your right, those bastards killed my dream of Groves.

Edman 04-28-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCSteeler (Post 390675)
I really don't think we would have taken Groves and the Jags gave up a lot to take to DEs when they already have astout D line. I guess they wan tto use the Giants method to beat Indy and NE.

I think Jacksonville's D is a bit overrated, like ours. Willie Parker was shredding their D in game 1. If I can recall. Had 100 yards on 14 carries. Then Ben got off his slump in Game 2 and tore up their secondary. Jacksonville has more holes on D than people thought.

We lost both games to them on last minute scores.

Yeah, Jax screwed us over again, but I'm not scared of them.

Jman 04-28-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 (Post 390598)
I think the Jags gave up way to much for Harvey....They also traded up for Groves.....Those two better pan out since they really gave up their entire draft for these two....

:iagree:

El-Gonzo Jackson 04-29-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACEB (Post 391971)
Let's hope your right, those bastards killed my dream of Groves.

In the P/G Q & A with Bouchette....he said somebody in the Steelers organization told him they were not going to take Groves in the 2nd, so the Jags wasted a trade to get in front of the Steelers.

I thought that was interesting.

Galax Steeler 04-30-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson (Post 393074)
In the P/G Q & A with Bouchette....he said somebody in the Steelers organization told him they were not going to take Groves in the 2nd, so the Jags wasted a trade to get in front of the Steelers.

If that is true I think it is funny as hell that they gave up something to move up and didn't have to.:toofunny:

DACEB 04-30-2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson (Post 393074)

That is interesting, that tells me Davis was their #1 choice at OLB/DE, and they got their man.