Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   4th pick traded! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24774)

rdsovchen 04-27-2008 12:07 PM

4th pick traded!

Why did they trade away the 4th pick to the NYG?
Carl Nicks was there for the taking, what happened?:banging:

Isee they traded for another #6 will Carl Nicks still be around at RD4 #31

UUUGGGHHH! They did not even take him, they opted for the injury prone Tony hills.
Needed a lineman but was this a good choice?

Hamer 04-27-2008 12:29 PM

Re: 4th pick traded!

Well so far it seems Nicks is still out there.
Does anybody know what they got for the trade besides moving down 7 spots?

oh another 6th rounder you say?

Stlrs4Life 04-27-2008 12:35 PM

That could be a good move, Colbert did say they would like more picks.

srk173 04-27-2008 12:42 PM

Value wise they moved down 7 points. The pick they got was worth 17.5 points. Thats a win in my book. Guess thats our payback for they screwed us the last time we traded with them.

Michael Keller 04-27-2008 12:47 PM

I don"t know guys picks 3 and 4 do not impress me. I am concerned with the continued trend of poor selection in the mid to late rounds by our Steelers.

millwalldavey 04-27-2008 02:05 PM

Dixon is just a lousy wasted pick.

St33lersguy 04-27-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Keller (Post 391240)
I don"t know guys picks 3 and 4 do not impress me. I am concerned with the continued trend of poor selection in the mid to late rounds by our Steelers.

I think they had to take the OL. That is a big need. With the tremendously tough schedule they have you can't go into a season with the same OL that let defenses put pressure on ben nearly every time he dropped back. Bruce Davis is agreat pick up and a great choice, what don't you like about him?

revefsreleets 04-27-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millwalldavey (Post 391361)
Dixon is just a lousy wasted pick.

Absolutely not. A) Think Josh Cribbs. This is an explosive player who can do a bunch of stuff. B) He has the luxury of sitting and learning C) Arians will use him immediately as a slash type guy.

I'm excited to have an athlete like him on the roster. He can play RB. He can play WR. He can return kicks. He can play QB in a trick role. The Steelers made this pick almost instantly, too, so they had a bead on this kid all along.

Steeldude 04-27-2008 03:57 PM

dixon was a very lousy pick. why even bother taking a pick at all if you pick crap like that? he will never be a QB in the NFL and he won't make the team as a WR. if they need camp fodder then recruit it on monday with undrafted people.

tony hills looks to be a walking injury. had a near-career ending knee injury in high school. then followed that up by breaking his fibula last season. according to nfl.com further medical evaluation will be needed to get him a clean bill of health.

IMO, humpal is more camp fodder. he has no chance of making the team.

mundy wasn't even invited to the combine. more camp fodder??

why didn't steelers take all of their picks from round 3 to 6 and trade up? you can get special teams players on monday.

well like all draft picks, it remains to be seen. they could all be great players. the dixon pick is the one that sticks out the most. why choose another WR? but i did call it yesterday when i said don't be surprised if they pick another WR on sunday.

Steeldude 04-27-2008 04:00 PM

after putting more thought into it. i do like it when teams pick athletic QBs as WRs. they seem to do pretty well, but the steelers already drafted sweed.

ward
holmes
washington
sweed
reid
dixon* (perhaps he will push reid off of the roster. i wouldn't be too upset with it)