Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Gamer Chat (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Madden '09 Discussions!!!!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24782)

Hannity_on_Holmes 04-27-2008 05:05 PM

Madden '09 Discussions!!!!!!

Madden '09 has recently been announced. I love video games and have a knack for telling exactly how good games are BEFORE they even come out. And let me tell you something...Madden '09 is taking a considerable leap foreward with this next installment of the age-old franchise.

From a visual standpoint, all it took was a few mere seconds of footage to notice how beautiful this game looks. Brett Farve, in all is polygonal greatness, is seen on a snow-covered field getting ready to take a snap. The player models look sharp and the environment looked even sharper. The new madden even boasts a new player-animation engine which will ensure that the game will feel more like an NFL football game.

The designer team at EA has been beefing up the online structure of the game too. Madden 08 was ok, and it still works well, but it lacked depth.

Check out the latest footage on gamespot.com or your favorite gameplay footage database (youtube always has what you need).

What do you think the next madden needs?
what do you think should be changed?

Godfather 04-27-2008 08:27 PM

Re: Madden '09 Discussions!!!!!!

They're not doing Madden 09 for the PC. Football Freaks, a Madden-oriented message board, is going to put 09 together as a mod of 08.

Godfather 04-27-2008 08:29 PM

PS--Madden needs to makeit easier to use custom teams in franchise mode. Imagine how awesome it would be to have 10 or 12 teams do a fantasy draft in August, update the players based on their actual performance during the season, and then play each other online in February.

Hannity_on_Holmes 04-28-2008 12:17 AM

Im pretty sure I read something about a really clean online tournament structure that allows up to 32 players to draft and play with their team.

hopefully it works well.

and godfather could u PLEASE link me to the 09 mod for PC when it comes out?

I never played a madden for PC but i just want to have it so badly.

BettisFan 04-28-2008 12:31 AM

madden 09 is going to be amazing! Graphics and gameplay wise! i cant wait i am getting the special addition!

Godfather 04-28-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannity_on_Holmes (Post 391922)
Im pretty sure I read something about a really clean online tournament structure that allows up to 32 players to draft and play with their team.

hopefully it works well.

and godfather could u PLEASE link me to the 09 mod for PC when it comes out?

I never played a madden for PC but i just want to have it so badly.

You'll need to buy 08 (or 07, hopefully the mod will work with older versions). Here's the link to the website. They have a forum dedicated to the 09 mod.

http://football-freaks.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

TheWarDen86 04-28-2008 06:59 PM

More control over rosters/players. Ex. If I want Willie Colon to be a RG, then I should be able to make him a RG, etc. Scouting could be better in Franchise mode.

xXTheSteelKingsXx 04-28-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 (Post 392353)
More control over rosters/players. Ex. If I want Willie Colon to be a RG, then I should be able to make him a RG, etc. Scouting could be better in Franchise mode.

I agree with you about the position changes. I think that in the games before '08 you could change a players position in franchise mode. Hopefully they bring it back.

TheWarDen86 04-28-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx (Post 392358)
I agree with you about the position changes. I think that in the games before '08 you could change a players position in franchise mode. Hopefully they bring it back.

Yes you could. I actually liked Madded on the PC better (although now w/ xbox 360 it's 47" of HD - lol) because some people used to spend a ton of THEIR time making perfect rosters for anal/lazy bums like me to quickly download. I think they should give you all the control that you would have if the were the coach. Have a LB play TE once in a while (ala Mike Vrabel), switch from T to G and from CB to S and DT to DE. This way you don't have to waste a roster spot on a guy just so you have 4 G's, etc. That pisses me off.

Hannity_on_Holmes 04-28-2008 10:09 PM

One of the main concerns that has shown no indication of being resolved is performance. 08 was a buggy-ass game.
thats just not acceptable these days.