Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Jagr, thanks for the memories (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=24963)

OneForTheToe 05-04-2008 08:38 PM

Jagr, thanks for the memories

Well, most of them anyways.:wink02:

In any case, whatever his faults as a captain and / or teammate, if indeed this is the end then he did provide Pen's fans with some lasting good memories. And yes, he wouldn't have been what he was without Mario, Ron and the list goes on. However, here is a little reminder I found on the Penguin section of hboards shows how good he could be:

[youtube]L4YMcsXRohM[/youtube]

[youtube]3Qn2adPXz_M[/youtube]

[youtube]SXAq0JAdnIM[/youtube]

The first two bring back so many memories that it gives me chills.

OneForTheToe 05-04-2008 08:46 PM

Re: Jagr, thanks for the memories

Thanks fansince76. I don't know why they weren't working. i got a You Tube to work the other day.:noidea::doh:

HometownGal 05-04-2008 08:48 PM

Jagr did provide some very exciting moments for us Pens fans while he was in the Burgh and I will give him props (and thanks) for that. :thumbsup: However, I can't forgive him for the way he left the team and the comments he made on his way out. There are 3 people/families that you never - EVER diss here in the Burgh. The Rooneys, Roberto Clemente and Mario Lemieux.

Congrats on a very productive career (you pork chop). :chuckle:

P.S. Seeing Paul Coffey on the ice in that video just gave me chills all over again. I loved that guy!

BettisFan 05-04-2008 08:55 PM

I say it all the time but as a kid i used to watch Jagr and play with him in all the nhl games on the pens, When ever i tell another pens fan he is one of my favorite players they always get pissed about it, he really did us good when he was here.

SteelCityMan786 05-04-2008 09:02 PM

Jagr, thanks for what you did in Pittsburgh. I still can't forgive you for how you wanted your way out of town. But thanks for everything you did while you were a proud member of our franchise.

Now off to Russia ya go!!!!!! hahaha.

RoethlisBURGHer 05-13-2008 02:36 PM

If Jagr would have kept his mouth shut when he was leaving, he wouldn't be as disliked.

millwalldavey 05-13-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 394728)
P.S. Seeing Paul Coffey on the ice in that video just gave me chills all over again. I loved that guy!

Look some stuff up when he wore blue and orange in Edmonton! Now those were his best years... 47 goals in a season from D!