Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Pens/Flyers Game #3 - Who Gets Your Game Puck? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=25115)

HometownGal 05-13-2008 09:42 PM

Pens/Flyers Game #3 - Who Gets Your Game Puck?

This is a tough one. Hossa had 2 goals (one an empty netter) and was ruthless with picking the Flyers' pockets and Fleury was again very good in net, but I give mine to the Pens defense - as in the playoffs thus far, they've made the big plays when needed, kept the Flyers away from the net for most of the game and held the Flyers to 18 SOG.

Great job guys! :thumbsup::tt03:

Petesburgh66 05-13-2008 10:01 PM

Re: Pens/Flyers Game #3 - Who Gets Your Game Puck?

Hossa for me.

I might be a Leafs fan, but I want him to stay in Pittsburgh. The Casper the Ghost like playoff performances of the past for Hossa are gone. Briere took that role over.

tony hipchest 05-13-2008 10:10 PM

that 1st goal by hossa had alot of intensity and energy that i felt set the tone for the game and made the players forget they were on the road.

he steps up exactly when you would want your non superstars to step up. he is a fun player to watch on both sides of the puck.

hossa it is.

X-Terminator 05-14-2008 12:50 AM

Hoss is boss, but I gotta give it to the entire team. This was the finest defensive performance I have ever seen out of the Pens. They completely smothered the Flyers all night long - they must have felt like there were 8 Penguins on the ice at all times. It felt like I was watching a much more highly skilled version of the Devils out there. Did Fleury even break a sweat? He probably felt like he didn't have much of an impact...

OneForTheToe 05-14-2008 02:15 AM

In the spirit of sportsmanship and all that jazz, I would like to offer it ( the game puck:wink02: ), as well as a, “how you doing” to that cute, female Flyers' fan that Versus zeroed in on at the conclusion of the game. :drool:She looked like she was ready to cry. I would be happy to offer her a Western P.A. shoulder to cry upon. :checkit: After all, it would only be right.:angel:

Meanwhile, back to reality ... Hossa deserves the game puck - as long as he stays away from my shoulder, of course.:noidea:

stlrtruck 05-14-2008 07:33 AM

Usually I would give it to the guy who scored a goal but last night I would say it has to go to Gonchar for his amazing acrobatic dive, and perfectly timed swing of the stick to break up the flyers break away.

Counselor 05-14-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrtruck (Post 397738)
Usually I would give it to the guy who scored a goal but last night I would say it has to go to Gonchar for his amazing acrobatic dive, and perfectly timed swing of the stick to break up the flyers break away.

That was amazing! I'm standing up in my living room shouting "oh no! oh no!" at the screen and then Gonch made that amazing play and then I started praying they refs wouldn't call a penalty----since the way they were calling things last night who knew!

That said, and while giving a nod to Hossa for that amazing goal, I'm giving Sid my game puck. He helped set up both of the first goals, and everytime he touched the puck last night I felt like something good was going to happen.

Lord Stiller 05-14-2008 11:58 AM

I agree on choosing Hossa

His first goal was amazing :jawdrop: