Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is NFL.com serious? T. Gonzalez and Jamal Lewis were signed by Atlanta? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=25264)

Hapa 05-22-2008 09:39 PM

Is NFL.com serious? T. Gonzalez and Jamal Lewis were signed by Atlanta?

I can't believe this but in an article on NFL.com at http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true
it says:
Quote:

What's in a name?

It seemingly got lost in the hoopla surrounding the Falcons signing their first-round pick, Matt Ryan to a rookie record six-year, $72 million contract. But earlier this week, Atlanta signed Tony Gonzalez and Jamal Lewis.

Rarely does a team get to sign two players as notable and prolific as that on the same day. But Atlanta did.
There is NO possible way this is serious. If you go to the player's pages it says they're still on their old teams, and if either of those players were a free agent, there would have been so much talk about where they might go! I'm incredulous right now.

Sorry guys should have read the whole article :O

MACH1 05-22-2008 09:51 PM

Re: Is NFL.com serious? T. Gonzalez and Jamal Lewis were signed by Atlanta?

Haven't heard anything about it yet, but it must be true.

Wait its not April 1st is it. :laughing:

steelwheels 05-22-2008 10:06 PM

You didn't read the whole article. Unless you are just stirring it up!

ShutDown24 05-22-2008 10:13 PM

What's in a name?
It seemingly got lost in the hoopla surrounding the Falcons signing their first-round pick, Matt Ryan to a rookie record six-year, $72 million contract. But earlier this week, Atlanta signed Tony Gonzalez and Jamal Lewis.

Rarely does a team get to sign two players as notable and prolific as that on the same day. But Atlanta did.

Quote:

Too bad for the Falcons that Gonzalez is the undrafted free agent wide receiver who played with Ryan at Boston College, and Lewis is the undrafted free agent safety who played at Georgia Tech.

lilyoder6 05-22-2008 10:37 PM

yeah u didn't read the whole story or u would of found out it wasa a wr from BC and safety from GT.. but it's funny how they said it

Galax Steeler 05-23-2008 04:47 AM

It would be hard to imagine that lewis went anywhere he is our hitting dummy.

klick81 05-23-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galax steeler (Post 400465)
It would be hard to imagine that lewis went anywhere he is our hitting dummy.

I'm not so sure about that. When I picture him, I see him runnin over some of our best defenders :noidea:

steelwall 05-23-2008 12:01 PM

Sad thing is, even if it were true they probably would still finish near the bottom.......

Welcome To Smashmouth 05-23-2008 04:24 PM

Kansas City turned their back on the greatest player to ever wear one of their jerseys....why??

You've gotta give it to Atlanta for replacing departed Crumpler, but I'm more shocked at KC letting him go than Atlant landing him.

As for Jamal Lewis, he solidifies another '1-2' punch in the backfield that just about every NFL team seems to have at this point. Kinda glad too, it's hard to root for the guy when he's wearing a Baltimore or Cleveland jersey ;)

Elvis 05-23-2008 05:51 PM

I think that the falcons will be better this season myself. They are young and that is gonna make it hard to win games, but they will improve with experience
:tt02: