Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prayers for me please (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=25556)

RoethlisBURGHer 06-13-2008 08:54 PM

Prayers for me please

Hey guys, I am in a bit of a job dillema.

I work as a gas station attendant at the moment, and it's a crappy job. And to make it even worse, BP is franchising all of it's sites in Northeast Ohio so there is no gaurantee whoever buys the store I work at will keep all of it's employees, if any.

I want out anyhow, and this just makes it more stressful.

There really aren't any jobs out there, most want someone with experience because they don't want to train anyone. Therefore, I am thinking about becoming a police officer. It's something that I have considered before, not to mention it's a job that's always in demand.

So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I try to make a desicion on what do do career-wise in my life.

Thank you.

GBMelBlount 06-13-2008 10:12 PM

Re: Prayers for me please

I am praying for you. You are a very smart kid and have your whole life ahead of you. Don't worry about what's in demand. Set your sights on whatever you are passionate about and makes you happy. And put your heart into it. The rest will fall in place. Good luck.

PAMillerGrrl83 06-13-2008 11:12 PM

I'll keep you in my prayers! Good luck!

katk9 06-14-2008 03:54 AM

Pray on it, and God will be with you.
:thmbup:

fansince'76 06-15-2008 12:00 AM

Like GB said Roeth, follow the path that will make you happy, put your heart and full commitment into it, and you'll be fine. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck! :drink:

MACH1 06-15-2008 12:09 AM

Yep...Try to do something you love to do, after all you'll be doing it everyday for who knows how many years. Good luck

HometownGal 06-15-2008 05:51 PM

You have a great head on your shoulders, Roeth, and I have no doubt that whatever career you choose, you wll excel at it. :thumbsup: I'm pullin' for ya hon! :hug:

Please keep us posted on how you are doing, OK? :hug:

SteelersMongol 06-16-2008 09:29 PM

I wish you my best. Good luck.

lamberts-lost-tooth 06-17-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer (Post 405387)
Hey guys, I am in a bit of a job dillema.

I work as a gas station attendant at the moment, and it's a crappy job. And to make it even worse, BP is franchising all of it's sites in Northeast Ohio so there is no gaurantee whoever buys the store I work at will keep all of it's employees, if any.

I want out anyhow, and this just makes it more stressful.

There really aren't any jobs out there, most want someone with experience because they don't want to train anyone. Therefore, I am thinking about becoming a police officer. It's something that I have considered before, not to mention it's a job that's always in demand.

So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I try to make a desicion on what do do career-wise in my life.

Thank you.

I'll be praying for you brother. Since you are considering going into my field...let me give you some advise if you dont mind. Approach the job and the position with humility...nothing turns off a potential law enforcement employer like someone who comes in "playing cop". Be confident but be humble...be honest in your desire to be an officer but honest in the reality that you dont know anything until trained.

Good luck and feel free to pm me if you have any questions.