Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who Is Going To Be Qb Vs The Ratbirds? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2561)

rgleason 11-14-2005 01:02 AM

Who Is Going To Be Qb Vs The Ratbirds?

1) Big Ben - what is his status? is the Ratbirds game important enough that we need him?
2) Batch - looked amazing tonight. Problem - broken hand.
3) Maddox - dear lord, maybe our only option here. Might be by default.
4) Randel El - is this a legitimate option?
5) Someone else.

So who is it?

pitt 11-14-2005 02:01 AM

Re: Who Is Going To Be Qb Vs The Ratbirds?

Tommy with a mostly run game.

Prosdo 11-14-2005 02:46 AM

I would like to see Ben in, but the Ravens players are cheap. I can just see them taking shots at Ben's knee. Batch if he can play I would be for it. He looked good tonight. I rather see one of these guys.

Ambridge 11-14-2005 07:39 AM

I really don't see us winning in Baltimore with Maddox as the QB. I have no faith in him what so ever.
I'd rather see Randel El taking the snaps......at least he's mobile if he has to scramble and I don't think we'll have to close our eyes in fear every time he goes back to pass thinking he might throw an interception.

soniczilla 11-14-2005 07:54 AM

I say once Maddox throws his first interception two plays into the drive, we throw Randle El in there and just tell him to scramble every play.

clevestinks 11-14-2005 08:17 AM

ME! LOL

Can Tommy really be this bad?
Is it just a confidence thing?
Haven`t we seen him play better before?
What the hell happened?

Randle el#82 11-14-2005 09:13 AM

Randle el should start over Maddox if Ben isnt back

clevestinks 11-14-2005 09:18 AM

ONly problem is, if we do need Tommy down th estretch at all. We really need to get him picked up off the turf, and back in the groove. His confidence is at an all time low.

Atlanta Dan 11-14-2005 10:06 AM

P-G is speculating it is Ben, but as an earlier post stated, the Ravens would love to end Ben's (and the Steelers) season with a hit to a knee. Need to sit Ben down another game and hope for the best with Maddox.

D needs to play a complete game by not giving up a score on the opening drive and assume that Ravens must be held to 10 points if this game is to be won as Maddox is told to take no chances and hand-off.

RoethlisBURGHer 11-14-2005 11:05 AM

Screw Maddox,after this season he better not be in a Steelers uniform.

I say if Ben can go,let him play.Cowher just better tell him to throw it away a bit earlier and when scrambling,to slide and slide earlier.

However,if somehow Batch can play,sit Ben for the week and play Batch.

If Batch or Ben can't play,let El take the snaps.If Maddox takes snaps,I believe we'll lose the game.I have negative confidence in him.