Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Randel El at QB? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2572)

Cape Cod Steel Head 11-14-2005 01:39 PM

Randel El at QB?

In light of Tommy's recent peformance, or lack thereof, why not start Randel EL at QB? It's obivious that we are going to have to run the ball 90% of the time this Sun. and any passes that will be thrown will be high percentage passes that I think he would be capable of delivering. Plus he would always be a threat to run the ball.

pitt 11-14-2005 01:58 PM

Re: Randel El at QB?

Randel El's throw looked good but I'm not sure he would be any good for a whole game.

clevestinks 11-14-2005 02:04 PM

I think it would fun to try from time to time , but a whole gam??? Im not so sure, but I m open minded

BlitzburghRockCity 11-14-2005 02:15 PM

They wont do it I wouldnt imagine. We need El at WR to compliment Hines, Wilson, Heath, etc. Yes we'll be able to run the ball. Thats what we do, we run it no matter what. I think using El in moderation would be a great thing. like last nite, nobody saw that pass coming.. it was awesome. Using El more like in a slash role could be awesome.

But I wouldnt look for him to be the flat out starter in the event of injury anytime soon. You're losing too much in other parts of the field w/ him if u do that. Losing a starter at WR, and also ur main punt returner.

TasmanianTroy271 11-14-2005 03:12 PM

I dunno. Maybe put him in a 4th quarter and see how he does, or have him throw it more at practice. It'd be an interesting thing to see, though. A big threat. He can run, hand it off, or throw it...

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 11-14-2005 05:17 PM

Hell.......Heath use to be a qb, throw him in there

Ambridge 11-14-2005 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
They wont do it I wouldnt imagine. We need El at WR to compliment Hines, Wilson, Heath, etc. Yes we'll be able to run the ball. Thats what we do, we run it no matter what. I think using El in moderation would be a great thing. like last nite, nobody saw that pass coming.. it was awesome. Using El more like in a slash role could be awesome.

I think Randel El would be an adequate starter for one game until Ben gets back.
Give Quincy Morgan double duty on the punt and kickoff returns and lets see what Nate Washington can do as an extra receiver.

I.C. Lights 11-14-2005 06:13 PM

A few weeks ago, a lot of folks were busting on Randel El for his poor decision to try to lateral to Hines... now people want to put El in a position where he has to make decisions for an entire game?

I'll take my chances with Maddox.

Randle el#82 11-15-2005 01:07 AM

i would rather see Randle el in there then maddox slow,weak arm @$$

24seven 11-15-2005 03:58 AM

Randle El played excellent at qb in collage.. Just because he tried to make a play 1 time doesn't mean he would make bad decisions constantly so that statement is rediculous.. It doesn't even compare with Tommy's 3 int's and 1 fumble in 1 game... I'm sure he would do fine and as for missing him at WR... Ward catches 90 percent of the passes anyways and we have tons of great receivers just waiting to get the ball.. Wilson,Miller,Morgan,Ward,Washington.. I'm sure there's others i'm forgetting too not to mention the backs.. Realistically it will never happen but it's a nice wet dream to think about.. For sure it would bring back the old Slash days.. But we all know what happened to that story....