Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Rowdy Busch does it again (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=25862)

TackleMeBen 07-06-2008 05:34 PM

Rowdy Busch does it again

congrats on your 6th win kyle.:thumbsup:
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/nas...a2-as-0069.jpg

HometownGal 07-06-2008 05:55 PM

Re: Rowdy Busch does it again

Ears #2 won that race with luck more than anything (with a little help from the tail winds pushing those flaps forward :laughing:). Another 1/4 lap and Carl Edwards would have passed him and won.

Another Top 10 finish for Jr. :tt03:

I still say Ears #2 will not win the Championship. Lots of racing left. :thumbsup:

fansince'76 07-06-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 411156)
Ears #2 won that race with luck more than anything (with a little help from the tail winds pushing those flaps forward :laughing:).

http://www.disneynewsarchive.com/images/BVHE/DUMBO.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

TackleMeBen 07-06-2008 06:28 PM

Price of a 12 pack of BUD about $14.50..price of a Daytona ticket payed for by jr fans about $200.00, watching them have to see KYLE Earnhardt..oops Kyle Busch win the race..priceless..just priceless..

that ears #2 kills me..lol

HometownGal 07-06-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TackleMeBen (Post 411164)
Price of a 12 pack of BUD about $14.50..price of a Daytona ticket payed for by jr fans about $200.00, watching them have to see KYLE Earnhardt..oops Kyle Busch win the race..priceless..just priceless..

that ears #2 kills me..lol

Wow - aren't you just the witty one? :chuckle:

Believe me - it doesn't bother me that Jr. didn't win that race. He's still #2 in the standings with 18 races left. Quite honestly, I don't see either of them winning the championship this season. I believe it will be someone currently in the middle of the pack.

TackleMeBen 07-06-2008 06:44 PM

i would love to see jeff burton win the championship. .... i learned my wittiness from you marianne:wink02::hug:

Galax Steeler 07-07-2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TackleMeBen (Post 411166)
i would love to see jeff burton win the championship. .... i learned my wittiness from you marianne:wink02::hug:

I would rather see burton win it then busch or jr I would rather see bowyer get it myself.:flap:

revefsreleets 07-07-2008 07:59 AM

Only thing with Busch is he may be peaking early. I think it's pretty funny how he eggs on his haters. He's not 1/10th the asshole that his brother is, and at least Shrub keeps it a little real. Everytime I hear Kurt Busch open his mouth it's pretty much just s steady stream of sanitized practiced BS that floods out...he's probably the least genuine guy in the sport.

tony hipchest 07-07-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 411220)
Only thing with Busch is he may be peaking early. I think it's pretty funny how he eggs on his haters. He's not 1/10th the asshole that his brother is, and at least Shrub keeps it a little real. Everytime I hear Kurt Busch open his mouth it's pretty much just s steady stream of sanitized practiced BS that floods out...he's probably the least genuine guy in the sport.

after rooting for rusty for so long it is difficult being a kurtfan. sanitized is 100% correct. he must be one of the most bland drivers in the garage. i think getting socked by jimmy spencer and harrassed by the maricopa co. police was the worse thing that coulda happenend to him.

but i will always be loyal to the blue duece. nice to see him come in 4th. quite a shame that newman kept getting caught up in other drivers bs or team penske probably coulda pulled off another 1-2 finish at daytona.

the best part of the race was somebody finally putting johnson in the wall. i rarely root for that but he is the worst restrictor plate driver EVER. absolutely no pit road ettiquite whatsoever. i was really hoping it would be gordon to give him a well earned shove. normally i dont mind when someone pulls a dick move on jeff, but i was even getting aggrivated, as im sure he was.

speaking of jeff, it was refreshing to see him own his mistake. he coulda easilly acted like a little bitch for getting wrecked and he didnt. while i still think he is a chicken head biter, as an ambassador for the sport, his veteran leadership is unmatched other than possibly mark martin. if jimmy johnson cant learn something from his 3 teammates next year, i dont think he ever will.

speaking of jr, im convinced he can "see the air" just like his daddy. i dont think anyone manipulates the sidedraft as well as he does. you dont just learn that type of talent.

i think kyle petty is awesome in the booth. i hope he has a post race career as successful as waltrip and as promising as rusty.

i couldnt believe smoke stepped out of his ride. he's the last driver i woulda expected that from. he must have the baddest case of kyle envy in the world. HA!

i wish theyd go back to calling that race the firecracker 400 instead of naming it after a different soda pop every year.... daytona at nights is spectacular. i really hope they increase the banking at california and make it another restrictor plate track.

and i agree, kyle antagonizing his haters with his signature bow is pretty funny.

who woulda thought a toyota could pull off this many wins in their 2nd season in cup?

revefsreleets 07-07-2008 11:10 AM

Gotta agree about Petty. He was really good, brings a ton of fresh experience, and nice and smooth as well.