Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Chuck Noll this past weekend...... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=25955)

LambertIsGod58 07-14-2008 08:17 AM

Chuck Noll this past weekend......

As I may have put out here, I went to VA to see Chuck Noll. Since I've been collecting memorabilia in 2002, this is only the second time I've seen Chuck do a public signing. He cancelled the 1st one. But I made plans to try again. He's a great, great man. Was very outgoing and polite. Shook his hand and got my picture taken with him, which I'll be posting soon. I had him sign the photo of himself on Franco's and Mean Joe's shoulders after winning Super Bowl IX. I also had Stallworth sign a picture of himself and me from 2003. I hate to admit this, but I also met Joe Delamileurre who played for Cleveland. He was quoted once as saying "We hate Lambert's guts, but we wish he was on our team". So I asked him to inscribe my pic that way. He did and was real cool. Blount was there too, but I didn't waste my time with him. Won't take pics with people and is very standoffish. I guess that's why I seldom see anyone wearing a Blount jersey.

Michael Keller 07-14-2008 09:06 AM

Re: Chuck Noll this past weekend......

Quote:

Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 (Post 413054)
As I may have put out here, I went to VA to see Chuck Noll. Since I've been collecting memorabilia in 2002, this is only the second time I've seen Chuck do a public signing. He cancelled the 1st one. But I made plans to try again. He's a great, great man. Was very outgoing and polite. Shook his hand and got my picture taken with him, which I'll be posting soon. I had him sign the photo of himself on Franco's and Mean Joe's shoulders after winning Super Bowl IX. I also had Stallworth sign a picture of himself and me from 2003. I hate to admit this, but I also met Joe Delamileurre who played for Cleveland. He was quoted once as saying "We hate Lambert's guts, but we wish he was on our team". So I asked him to inscribe my pic that way. He did and was real cool. Blount was there too, but I didn't waste my time with him. Won't take pics with people and is very standoffish. I guess that's why I seldom see anyone wearing a Blount jersey.

How did Chuck look ? I was concerned that his health was not very good.

LambertIsGod58 07-14-2008 09:26 AM

He looked much different than 2000. Aged quite a bit. Real nice guy!

MDSteel15 07-14-2008 09:36 AM

L heard someone say that he looked as if his health was getting worse. I hope not, one of my heroes as a kid...

steeltheone 07-15-2008 08:34 PM

Met him in 2000.....Very nice man...Also one of my heros growing up!

redst3 07-16-2008 05:08 AM

I've also wondered about his health. He is something like 76 years old now and I understand has some arthritic problems. I think its great that you got to meet him.