Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Going to see the Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=26026)

GoFins11 07-19-2008 10:14 AM

Going to see the Pirates

This will be my first time in Pittsburgh and I will be going to a Bucs game. Any recommendations as far as sights in the city, stadium info, seating, and stuff like that.

I probably will be attending one of the games July 25-27 against the Padres.

Thanks

warddj86 07-19-2008 12:18 PM

Re: Going to see the Pirates

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFins11 (Post 414169)
This will be my first time in Pittsburgh and I will be going to a Bucs game. Any recommendations as far as sights in the city, stadium info, seating, and stuff like that.

Thanks

Yeah I'm going to the July 26th game vs. the Padres

X-Terminator 07-19-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFins11 (Post 414169)

Thanks

I'll be at the games on July 25 and 26, that is, if I still have some Pepto Bismol left over after watching this team's horrible starting pitching night in and night out. As far as sights go, it depends on what you're into - there's a lot to do in and around the ballpark and downtown. If you're looking for a good restaurant pre-game, I recommend Soho, which is on the first floor of the Spring Hill Suites across the street from the ballpark. Good food, nice bar and has 4 large HD screens showing other games. As far as seating goes, you can't go wrong anywhere in the park - every seat is a good seat. And they're not very expensive - the most expensive seat not in the club sections is $35 for a baseline box - and the cheapest is $9 in the outfield grandstands and the second deck of the left field bleachers. You would also have access to the Hall of Fame Club in left field, which I hear is pretty nice and has live bands playing after weekend games. Let me know what you're planning and I'll give you all the info I can.

GoFins11 07-22-2008 08:03 AM

My girlfriend will probably want me to go as cheap as possible when it comes to seating. What is the best cheapest seats? Are the bleachers non chair back seats? I was thinking about going the bleachers Reserve route.

I'm not interested in seating in "upper deck" type sections.

SteelCityMan786 07-22-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFins11 (Post 414833)
My girlfriend will probably want me to go as cheap as possible when it comes to seating. What is the best cheapest seats? Are the bleachers non chair back seats? I was thinking about going the bleachers Reserve route.

Outfield Reserve(Which are in Right Field above/near the Out of town Scoreboard is $17.

X-Terminator 07-22-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFins11 (Post 414833)

Well, the upper deck at PNC is closer to the field than any other ballpark not named Fenway or Wrigley, but to each his own. I sit in section 328 in the LF Grandstand, and I think they're great, especially the view of the city that you get from there at night. But since you aren't interested, the General Admission Bleachers would be your best bet - they are $9. Bleacher Reserved seats are $14, and the benches do have backs, even the ones in GA.

GoFins11 07-22-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Terminator (Post 414949)
Well, the upper deck at PNC is closer to the field than any other ballpark not named Fenway or Wrigley, but to each his own. I sit in section 328 in the LF Grandstand, and I think they're great, especially the view of the city that you get from there at night. But since you aren't interested, the General Admission Bleachers would be your best bet - they are $9. Bleacher Reserved seats are $14, and the benches do have backs, even the ones in GA.

I'm just used to the upper deck being too far away compared to the lower seats. I would be cool to have a nice view of the city.

X-Terminator 07-22-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFins11 (Post 415039)
I'm just used to the upper deck being too far away compared to the lower seats. I would be cool to have a nice view of the city.

The highest seat in the building is only 88 feet from the field - not far at all. If you sit in the first few rows, you're literally on top of the action. Compared to the upper deck at Three Rivers, it's like sitting in a box seat. And the view of the city from there is unbelievable. Basically from section 310 around to 330, you get the entire view of the skyline. As I said, where I sit in 328, the seats are only $9 and you get the view along with it.

GoFins11 07-26-2008 11:02 PM

Just got back to the hotel from the game.

WHAT A BLAST!!!!

We sat in section 328 row E. They were super seats for only 9 bucks. My girlfriend and I loved the skyline view. The ballpark impressed the hell out of me. Only downside was driving in Pittsburgh:flap:

I am now a bonafide Pirate fan(second to the Fish of course):wave:

GO BUCS:applaudit:

X-Terminator 07-27-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFins11 (Post 416354)
Just got back to the hotel from the game.

WHAT A BLAST!!!!

We sat in section 328 row E. They were super seats for only 9 bucks. My girlfriend and I loved the skyline view. The ballpark impressed the hell out of me. Only downside was driving in Pittsburgh:flap:

I am now a bonafide Pirate fan(second to the Fish of course):wave:

GO BUCS:applaudit:

328, Row E...hmmm, that would mean you sat just 2 rows in front of me - I'm in 328, Row G. If you ever heard or saw a big, black guy with a big mouth wearing a Pirates sleeveless shirt sitting next to a good-looking older lady and a big, white guy with an even bigger mouth, then you saw and heard me in the wild. :wink02: I'm glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed the ballpark - I told you those seats were among the best in the building being so close to the action and with the view of downtown you get. Yes, driving in Pittsburgh is a chore with the 10,000 construction projects going on, but seeing a game at PNC is well worth the trip. Hope you are able to see another one soon! But trust me...stick with being a Marlins fan. At least they have a good, young team with a pretty bright future :chuckle: