Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pittsburgh Declared #1 Football Town (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2610)

soniczilla 11-18-2005 08:56 AM

Pittsburgh Declared #1 Football Town

I was just listening to Mike & Mike in the Morning and they had a segment about the best football town in America and Pittsburgh came up #1.

I posted full details at my site, but the gist of it is that over 2/3 of the city's televisions are switched to the Steelers, which is an astronomical amount.

I.C. Lights 11-18-2005 11:12 AM

Re: Pittsburgh Declared #1 Football Town

So true... If you look at Pittsburgh during a Steeler's game, everyone and his grandma is decked out in Steelers gear and fired up. Here in Philly, it's not nearly as intense and I can say the same for New York and Chicago too. I guess it helps that Pittsburgh's got the best team to root for. Go Steelers!

AvoidLLoyd95 11-18-2005 12:15 PM

The one thing that bugs me about Heinz field is that it always looks like noone is there after half time. All you can see is yellow seats. I know everyone is on the platforms and all but I just think it makes the fans look nonexistant for the first few minutes of the second half.

SteelrsRck 11-18-2005 01:21 PM

i just moved out here to Sacramento,Ca and was surprised to see alot of steeler license plates,bars etc etc

Avoid LLoyd1975 11-18-2005 02:43 PM

Hell 2/3 of the nations TV's are probably turned to Steelers games on the NFL Network.

BlitzburghRockCity 11-18-2005 03:05 PM

Damn straight.. Pittsburgh is an NFL town thru and thru.. win lose or draw.... we always sell out!!

SteelerFanInATL 11-18-2005 04:02 PM

I'm not suprised, but is nice that we are reconized as the #1 footfball city in the NFL. What do you expect from a team that has as much fan support on the road that we do. Every sunday here in Atlanta I have on my Steeler gear before, during, and after the game and I always have someone make some type of compliment. Steeler fans are everywhere and it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cape Cod Steel Head 11-18-2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soniczilla
I was just listening to Mike & Mike in the Morning and they had a segment about the best football town in America and Pittsburgh came up #1.

I posted full details at my site, but the gist of it is that over 2/3 of the city's televisions are switched to the Steelers, which is an astronomical amount.

Good article and nice site. Can't say that its a suprise though. Football and especially the Steelers are akin to a religion in Western PA.

Suitanim 11-18-2005 06:57 PM

That's pretty tangible proof for what we've all known all along, and some other teams fan's have had trouble comprehending...

BB2W 11-18-2005 07:11 PM

Thanks Sonic, man I am glad you posted this. I was listening to them build up to it all mourning and right when they were about to reveal what team... my boss pulled up and I had to go back to work. I thought it was gonna be Pittsburgh. :cool:

This is a good way of determing who is #1. :smile: