Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My Fantasy Mock Draft This Morning (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=26165)

Elvis 07-26-2008 12:43 PM

My Fantasy Mock Draft This Morning

This is the team that I just drafted this morning on NFL.com

QB's Phillip Rivers (5) and Matt Leinhart (12)

RB's Steven Jackson (#1 Pick Overall) and Maurice Jones Drew (3rd pick) Willie Parker(7) and Rashard Mendenhall(8) Thomas Jones (9)

WR's Marques Colston (2nd)and Santonio Holmes(6) and Wes Welker(4) and Limas Sweed(14)

TE Randy McMichael(10)

DEF/ST Packers(11)

K Jeff Reed(13)

What ya think about it? I had to get Rivers in the 5th, but I love my RB's and WR's. I got the Packers in the 11th round and I think that I got a steal with them that late.
You may go look at the league named: soldiers4christ on nfl.com and see how the draft worked out this way for me.

The Duke 07-26-2008 12:52 PM

Re: My Fantasy Mock Draft This Morning

you got an excellent collection of runningbacks, you could even use one as a trade bait

now QB may be average, all depends on rivers recovery. the chargers have weapons on offense so he should improve

you got a lot of steelers, but they're all good :tt:

Elvis 07-26-2008 01:00 PM

I want to keep as many of my favorite team players on there as I can, and I think that it is a good idea to keep Parker and Mendenhall as teammates in fantasy as well.
:tt02:

43Hitman 07-26-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis (Post 416210)
I want to keep as many of my favorite team players on there as I can, and I think that it is a good idea to keep Parker and Mendenhall as teammates in fantasy as well.

I agree with hand-cuffing Parker and Mendenhall..Nice draft overall. Just be careful when drafting lots of guys on the same team. For one a major injury could change the hole team chemistry and you still have to deal with the bye.

revefsreleets 07-26-2008 07:20 PM

Did you take SJ with YOUR 1st overall, or the very first pick in round one?

Elvis 07-27-2008 04:39 AM

No Rev, I took Steven Jackson 5th overall.... lol

HometownGal 07-27-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 43Hitman (Post 416250)
Just be careful when drafting lots of guys on the same team. For one a major injury could change the hole team chemistry and you still have to deal with the bye.

Yeppers. :thumbsup: Got to be careful with the byes especially.

Nice draft there Elvis! Good luck to you in your league! :drink:

Hammer Of The GODS 07-27-2008 05:23 PM

Randy McMichael KILLED me in the leagues I had him. If Alge Crumpler(Tenn) made it to the waiver he would be a better TE I think. Vince Young needs a security blanket and Crumpler is a good one. Other than that it looks good. Couldn't access the league to see who went where. What QB was available when you took Welker in the 4th?

STEELtownHAVOX 07-28-2008 07:13 AM

Team looks good Elvis. Limas is a long shot to being any fantasy value, but hey he was at the end of your draft. And McMichael pissed me off last year too. He goes to the Rams, "The Greatest Team on Turf", and shoots a shitter. But last years Rams were a disaster. Your RBs are solid. Good luck man.