Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Training Camp (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Bringing a Center Back. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=26285)

Preacher 08-01-2008 11:27 PM

Bringing a Center Back.

Interesting bit of information

Legursky headed back to Steelers’ preseason camp
By Gary Fauber
Assistant Sports Editor
Doug Legursky has an unexpected second chance.

The Beckley native and former Marshall center got a call Friday from the Pittsburgh Steelers, inviting him to their preseason camp in Latrobe, Pa. The Steelers had released Legursky June 29, but he got a call Friday afternoon to rejoin the team.

“Yeah (I was surprised),” Legursky said en route to Latrobe. “I wasn’t expecting it. I was just ... waiting for a phone call (from other teams).”

Legursky was not selected in the two-day NFL draft, but signed with the Steelers as a free agent moments after it ended.

The 2004 Woodrow Wilson graduate said he was given no guarantees after the team cut him in late June.

“They just told me that the numbers were not right and that it was not the ideal situation at that time,” Legursky said. “They said there was a possibility that they could bring me back at some point.”

Legursky said he learned some things in his brief workouts with the Steelers after the draft that he can use starting today.

“We did a lot of stuff through technique and worked on different football concepts that I had not been exposed to before,” Legursky said.

At Marshall, Legursky was a three-time candidate for the Rimington Trophy, given annually to the nation’s top college center. He started 36 consecutive games at center.

The Steelers’ first preseason game is next Friday, Aug. 8, at home against the Philadelphia Eagles.

http://www.register-herald.com/sport...secondarystory

Sorry mods...

this belongs in training camp section...

millwalldavey 08-01-2008 11:44 PM

Re: Bringing a Center Back.

interesting... i liked this guy in college.

Aussie_steeler 08-02-2008 02:30 AM

I can hear someone cheering about this move.

Is that you LLT?

Galax Steeler 08-02-2008 04:08 AM

We should have some good competiton at center you would think that Hartwig would be the lock at the position but who knows what is going to happen now.

Aussie_steeler 08-02-2008 04:11 AM

In his first stint with the steelers I thought Legursky was actually working out at guard.

This move / recall sounds like Stapleton or Essex might not be stepping up as expected.

stlrtruck 08-02-2008 09:17 AM

It will be interesting to see how long he lasts on the roster. I wonder if he's only being brought in for motivational purposes or if they think he really has a shot at staying on the roster?

Maybe a PS player?

missedgehead 08-02-2008 01:01 PM

Interesting indeed.

lamberts-lost-tooth 08-02-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler (Post 418371)
I can hear someone cheering about this move.

Is that you LLT?

:tt::tt:WhoooooooooooooHooooooooooooo!!!!!!:tt02: :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth 08-02-2008 03:33 PM

Although I love the fact that they are giving Legursky a chance...I have to believe in my heart that his signing might be more about Kemo and Mahan being hurt..than it is about his ability.

billybob 08-02-2008 09:37 PM

Legursky signed

I see we signed another center/ o-lineman.What is the background on this guy.Can he add depth to our line?Don't know much about him.