Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How much of this falls on Cowher? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2637)

BlitzburghRockCity 11-20-2005 10:47 PM

How much of this falls on Cowher?

Tommy was pathetic..and the only offense we generated all day came on that long TD drive. Which was awesome, but that was it.

How much blame falls on Cowher for keeping Tommy in there, for not putting El in more than just a play here and there? Maybe it would have mattered, maybe it wouldnt have..but plain and simple; if ur starting QB isnt getting it done and he wasnt getting it done last week for the most part.. why not put in El and see what would have happened.

And for that matter, why didnt Jerome see more action? :chair: :pissed: :boxing:

rowedf 11-20-2005 10:54 PM

Re: How much of this falls on Cowher?

I don't know if it's Cowher or Wizz that should get the blame, but I thought our offensive plays calls where bad. Never, never did we try mis-directions. Baltimore was slamming our line, flying off the edges at us. What happened to the flanker coming around for the fake end around / reverse ??? That would have froze a few backers and ends....didn't see that once today. Not until late in the 3rd and 4th quarters did you see a pitch to the outside...... I just don't get it....I hate agreeing with these local talk radio guys that say "it's the Steelers way, it's how we will do it" but dammmmmn.....I really believed that today! Instead of scheming to beat a team we freakin played our style of ball....regardless of what the other team did.

Koopa 11-20-2005 10:55 PM

i put some of it cause. why the hell would he go for it on 4th and one with maddox? he took away a for sure 3 points which would've gave us a 3 point lead when we scored later in the game which also means we walk away with the W. and then maddox for the int and the fumble and just for being alive

BlitzburghRockCity 11-20-2005 11:00 PM

That was as bone head a move as Ive ever seen koopa, I agree. Play the field position game if nothing else..their offense sucked too..so why not pin them deep !!!

As long as Cowher is there, u wonder if we will ever actually game plan the way other teams do.. or just say Hey, we're gonna do our thing...

I know we've been successful at it and we have a great regular season record and all of that.. but damn, we have the talent to throw all sorts of things at teams.. even though gadget plays dont always work, when Mularkey was the coordinator we did more of them to keep teams off balance ! I like Wiz as a coor. , he generally calls a good game !! but when u dont have the Qb to pull it off, doesnt help much to keep "doing our thing"

rowedf 11-20-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
he took away a for sure 3 points which would've gave us a 3 point lead when we scored later in the game which also means we walk away with the W. and then maddox for the int and the fumble and just for being alive

Dude it was 4th and 1.5 yards on our OWN 48 yard line, how in the hell is that a for sure 3 points ??

Koopa 11-20-2005 11:17 PM

well then nfl gametracker lied to me cause it said we was on the 35, and lookin at it on the play by play right now it says 35 too. so i guess i'll go with what it says here.

Rotorhead 11-20-2005 11:35 PM

Stupid laptop battery died before OT haha, but I would say it is 50/50, special teams killed us, and if it was 4th and 1, why would you not run Bettis, he was born for 4th and 1? Turnover Tommy has got to go, and Cowher should be punched in the gut for keeping Maddox in there. If he starts anymore games, he will not only lose it, he will lose the season.

pitt 11-21-2005 12:26 AM

The drive that scored the TD was quick, short passes and good runs. Thats the kind of plays that should of been called all day. Tommy did throw alot of bad passes but the recievers dropped some that they should of had too. The offensive line was horrible and special teams was a joke because there sure the hell wasn't anything special about them today. The defense still hasn't figured out how to consistantly stop 3rd and long plays. An all around lousy game.

Ambridge 11-21-2005 01:08 AM

I put this loss all on Cowher and staff!!!

They went into this game with the mentality of hopefully winning by playing "small ball"-(Try to win the game with running the football and good defense along with minimal output from the QB position.)

Hey Bill!! The Ravens have proven that this style of offensive football isn't successful...what made you think it was going to work for you???
Did you really fool yourself into believing that you were going to squeek out a win with Tommy Maddox in Baltimore with the grand plan of giving Ben another weeks rest??

BTW that was some really good imagination with leaving Maddox in the game in the second half and not putting Randel El in there to generate an offensive spark.

OX1947 11-21-2005 01:12 AM

All this is on Tommy and the O line. Only thing Cowher needs to prove in his career right now is that he isnt gonna be the next Marty Schottenheimer or Chuck Knox. IF Ben is healthy the whole year, hell if Batch was our QB in the last two games that Tommy started, we would be 9-1 without a doubt......