Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Forbes List of Top College Programs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=26531)

atlsteelers 08-15-2008 12:02 PM

Forbes List of Top College Programs

http://www.forbes.com/2007/11/20/not...hisSpeed=15000

FOOTBALL
1. Notre Dame
2. Texas
3. Georgia
4. Michigan
5. Florida
6. LSU
7. Tennessee
8. Auburn
9. Alabama
10. Ohio St
11. Oklahoma
12. South Carolina
13. Penn St
14. USC
15. Arkansas
16. Texas A&M
17. Washington
18. Nebraska
19. Michigan St
20. Wisconsin

The following is a ranking of the Top-15 teams going into 2008.

Rank# Team Value Profit

15) Sou Cal Trojans $53 Million (tie) $13.0 Million

15) Arkansas Razorbacks $53 Million (tie) $19.3 Million

13) South Carolina Gameprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterp rofanityfilters $69 Million (tie) $28.9 Million

13) Penn State Nittany Lions $69 Million (tie) $29.4 Million

11) Oklahoma Sooners $70 Million $18.5 Million

10) Ohio State Buckeyes $71 Million $26.6 Million

9) Alabama Crimson Tide $72 Million $31.8 Million

8) Auburn Tigers $73 Million $33.9 Million

7) Tennessee Volunteers $74 Million $17.3 Million

6) Louisiana State Tigers $76 Million $31.7 Million

5) Florida Gators $84 Million $38.2 Million

4) Michigan Wolverines $85 Million $36.2 Million

3) Georgia Bulldogs $90 Million $43.5 Million

2) Texas Longhorns $92 Million $46.2 Million

1) Notre Dame Fighting Irish $101 Million $45.8 Million

revefsreleets 08-15-2008 12:39 PM

Re: Forbes List of Top College Programs

My Buckeyes spent the most on their football program...rock on!

atlsteelers 08-15-2008 02:27 PM

Still paying off maurice clarett and the youngstown mob after all of these years? hehe

atlsteelers 08-15-2008 02:34 PM

actually we spent a little bit more and had greater revenues - you spent 45 million on the football program we spent 46.5 million.
At OSU are you required to make yearly donations to renew your season tickets?
We do at UGA. Everything is about how much you donate, for the right to buy season tickets, priority for away games, and parking.

revefsreleets 08-15-2008 04:48 PM

Yeah, and it's gotten worse lately. They cracked down on student tickets (you now have to show ID, since kids were selling their tix), and they just had a huge sweep through the state and busted a bunch of politicians who were getting Bucks tickets gratis. One guy got caught scalping them at a pretty hefty profit, too.

ND is still the worst for that, though. The "one time" donations just keep going up, and are ridiculous.

I like the fact that the Buckeyes spend 71% of their outlay on gameday. It IS quite the spectacle...

CrimsonTideSteelersFan 08-15-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 423893)
Yeah, and it's gotten worse lately. They cracked down on student tickets (you now have to show ID, since kids were selling their tix), and they just had a huge sweep through the state and busted a bunch of politicians who were getting Bucks tickets gratis. One guy got caught scalping them at a pretty hefty profit, too.

ND is still the worst for that, though. The "one time" donations just keep going up, and are ridiculous.

I like the fact that the Buckeyes spend 71% of their outlay on gameday. It IS quite the spectacle...

I'm coming up to Columbus for the Troy/OSU game on September 20th and I'm really looking forward to it (I've never been to a college game in the North.). Ticket prices are pretty steep though. I paid $62.00 face value for my ticket for that game. By comparison, my Troy/LSU ticket was $45.00.

revefsreleets 08-18-2008 08:30 AM

Not a great representation since Troy will be considered a lamb to the slaughter, but there will definitely be spectacle galore.

If you are looking for the full-on "walk on the wildside" experience, check out the World's Largest Tailgate "Hineygate". Proves there are plenty of fruits to go along with the Bucknuts:drink:

http://www.chesrownhineygate.com/

atlsteelers 08-18-2008 11:28 AM

Watch out for troy they have a pretty good team. OSU gets them right after USC. Could be a let down game.

Dino 6 Rings 08-18-2008 11:30 AM

I think Troy runs that Spread Passing Offense. They should be ok, but they don't have the depth to compete with OSU. IF OSU loses to USC...I fear for the Troy players in a bad way. Would hate to be the team they take their loss out on.

Btw...How CHEAP is it that USC has a Bi week before the OSU game and after the OSU game. Freaking Cheap.

revefsreleets 08-18-2008 05:02 PM

Actually, it's pretty smart. It'll be the toughest game they play until the New Year, so why not sell out completely for that one game?