Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Penn State on cover of SI (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2671)

BB2W 11-22-2005 11:55 PM

Penn State on cover of SI

I am gonna go out and get this one too... It will be a classic. I think it is released on Nov. 28th. :cool:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/app...7111222309.jpg

Cape Cod Steel Head 11-23-2005 09:42 AM

Re: Penn State on cover of SI

I hope things work out and they get a shot at the title. Its a stretch but it would be nice to see Joe Pa have a chance at another title.

Koopa 11-23-2005 03:44 PM

well put a fork in them lol

them dirty cheaters stealing longhorn plays

hmmmmmmmm 11-23-2005 04:12 PM

Yeah they basically stole the Longhorns whole offense

SalukiSteelers 11-23-2005 04:20 PM

Good for Paterno.
It's been a while since PSU has mattered and, as I guy living in the Midwest, it was tough to see the Nittany Lions stink in the Big 11, er, 10.
Who knows how long it will last so enjoy it while you can. Man, just think if they could have taken Michigan.
Just another reason to dislike the Wolverines.

BB2W 11-23-2005 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmmmmmmmm

What are you guys talking about???... We stole Ohio State's, Northwestern's, Michigan State's, Illinois', Indiana's, Minnesota's, Iowa's, and most importantly Purdue's offense. Ever since Purdue ran the spread offense with Drew Brees the Big Ten has been switching offensive playbooks. We finally decided to switch this season... They changed the way football is played in the Big Ten.

If you are talking bout the way they use Robinson... we have been doing that for years.

To think it has anything to do with Texas is a bit self-centered. :grin: They have been playing football outside of Austin for a few years now. :rolleyes:

Hammer67 11-23-2005 07:57 PM

Quote:

You mean the Longhorns gave them their plays. :thmbup:

hmmmmmmmm 11-23-2005 09:43 PM

Well they came to practices and watched how we ran our plays and offense since we have Vince Young and they have that type of QB. They are basically using our offense and it sems to be workin out well lol

BB2W 11-23-2005 10:33 PM

Quote:

Well they came to practices and watched how we ran our plays and offense since we have Vince Young and they have that type of QB. They are basically using our offense and it sems to be workin out well lol

hmmmmmmmm, I was not aware of that. :grin:

Hammer67 11-24-2005 03:18 PM

Actually...it is common in college football for coaching staffs to visit other programs not in their conference. Penn State does it every year. Just happened that some reporter thought it would make a good story because of the similarities between Young and Robinson.

As was stated, PSU and the BIG Ten, in general, have been toying with a spread offense for the past decade. Penn state just didn't have the recieving core until this year.

It is a mistake to say that PSU stole Texas's playbook. They did look at how Texas uses Young to get some ideas for Robinson but that takes a lot of credit away from Jay Paterno and Hall. That defense has been the reason they won most of their games this year, though.