Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Chad Scott Needs Cut (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=268)

SteelersFever 08-31-2004 03:41 PM

Chad Scott Needs Cut

I just finished watching the last 3 preaseason games and have reassured myself again and again of the devotion I have towards Chad Scott's release. He's been in the league since 1997, but performs worse than a rookie. With him as our starting CB, you should expect the worst.

clevestinks 02-21-2005 04:32 PM

Re: Chad Scott Needs Cut

Chad still needs cut. There is no way he should be our highest paid defensive player.

ironcitychef 02-22-2005 12:18 AM

Yes and no. Does Chad need to be cut? No. His ability to be a hard hitting corner who can tackle is decent enough that you wouldn't want to spend your time looking for a replacement. But, does he need to be making 4-5 million a year for his level? NO. On this, he will get cut. Now watch the bottom feeders over pay once again for a Steelers cast off, or if Chad is smart, he will look to resign at a lower level. I say this because of the rule changes. He won't be a #1 cb anywhere else cause he doesn't match for speed. And no one will pay a #2 cb 4-5 million, so the havenots will promise him number one but then downgrade him after preseason. So Chad. Take the pay cut and stay with us and be a 2-3 cb with plenty of nickel coverage and be on a winner.

JerseySTEEL 02-22-2005 12:58 AM

Well Rolle just got booted from ten, would be a nice pick up.

SteelersGirlTN7 02-22-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
Well Rolle just got booted from ten, would be a nice pick up.

I know a lot of Titans fans down here, who would be really upset if we picked up Samari Rolle. They're mad that he even got cut to begin with.

clevestinks 02-22-2005 01:35 PM

Rolle would be a nice p/u. but how much$$$$
and also D.Mason got cut from Ten. If Plax goes????

BlitzburghRockCity 02-22-2005 03:13 PM

Rolle is going to want alot of money..as is patrick surtain or sam madison if either of those 2 get cut. I think the FO will look to the draft for another CB..but look for Taylor or Coclough to get a chance to step up this season.

Scott will have to redo his contract or he will be cut..he counts well over 4 million to this years cap..so if doesnt, he's gone.

I certainly wouldnt mind have rolle come on to the black n gold..but w/ taylor and coclough in the wings, I think they'll be alittle reluctant to get spend a ton of money on a big time CB in FA, at this point.

JerseySTEEL 02-22-2005 08:05 PM

some players take less money for the chance of winning ;)

ironcitychef 02-22-2005 11:56 PM

You are going about this wrong. We are in the middle of a youth movement. With the exception of Bettis, if you make decent cash and have over 6 years of experience, we want you to be the top. Rolle is too high paid and older for us to pick. We would much rather redo another deal with Williams who is still decent and save the money. Besides don't forget we need to sign Hope.

clevestinks 02-23-2005 02:03 PM

hopefully Cowher knows better than us, and one of our young guys can take over, Ike
has the speed and size but a few ????? also