Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   McCain selects governor Palin as running mate. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=26812)

GBMelBlount 08-29-2008 09:47 AM

McCain selects governor Palin as running mate.
 
posted: 2 MINUTES AGOcomments: 4
filed under: Election News, John McCain

Quote:

APA source tells CNN that Republican presidential hopeful John McCain has tapped Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate. Palin, a first-term governor and self-styled "hockey mom,", is due to appear with McCain at a rally in Dayton, Ohio at noon..
http://news.aol.com/

Was just confirmed on a news broadcast as well.

Godfather 08-29-2008 10:06 AM

Re: McCain selects governor Palin as running mate.
 
AWESOME.

A lot of people already knew she carried a baby with Down's syndrome to term. Just found out from another board that her oldest son is serving in Iraq.

About time we get a politician who walks the walk.

fansince'76 08-29-2008 10:10 AM

Re: McCain selects governor Palin as running mate.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 428654)
AWESOME.

A lot of people already knew she carried a baby with Down's syndrome to term. Just found out from another board that her oldest son is serving in Iraq.

About time we get a politician who walks the walk.

A good friend of mine who still lives in Alaska (I moved to Colorado from there in the mid-'90s) is very much sold on her and believes she's the best governor by far that Alaska's had since Jay Hammond. I trust his judgment.

stlrtruck 08-29-2008 10:23 AM

Re: McCain selects governor Palin as running mate.
 
Well let's see if she can take that mindset to DC and do some good things. I like the "hockey mom" comment.

tony hipchest 08-29-2008 10:44 AM

Re: McCain selects governor Palin as running mate.
 
holy cow! we are guaranteed to have either a black man or a woman in the white house.

i know absolutely nothing about palin and have got to learn more. isnt she less experienced than obama?

is she an eskimo? she doesnt worship walrus does she?

Steelman16 08-29-2008 10:53 AM

Re: McCain selects governor Palin as running mate.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 428664)
holy cow! we are guaranteed to have either a black man or a woman in the white house.

i know absolutely nothing about palin and have got to learn more. isnt she less experienced than obama?

is she an eskimo? she doesnt worship walrus does she?

I don't think I'd mind this paticular woman in the office...she's a go-getter.

I think she's passed a bill. :chuckle:

And no, she's not an eskimo, but her hubby is. She's from Idaho.

It's an interesting choice for VP, but I kinda like it.

stlrtruck 08-29-2008 10:54 AM

Re: McCain selects governor Palin as running mate.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 428664)
we are guaranteed to have either a black man or a woman in the white house.

What are you talking about, there's been a woman in the white house every year. Geez, some people are so oblivious :doh: :applaudit: :hatsoff:

Again, I have to petition for the sarcasm smiley - these others just don't cover it well eough.

MACH1 08-29-2008 10:57 AM

Re: McCain selects governor Palin as running mate.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 428655)
A good friend of mine who still lives in Alaska (I moved to Colorado from there in the mid-'90s) is very much sold on her and believes she's the best governor by far that Alaska's had since Jay Hammond. I trust his judgment.

My friend that lives there also says shes not to hard on the eye's. LOL

stlrtruck 08-29-2008 11:09 AM

Re: McCain selects governor Palin as running mate.
 
Quote:

presidential hopeful John McCain has tapped Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin
I'm not sure he should be doing that before the election!!! Bad presidential hopeful - at least Clinton waited until he was in office

Sorry I couldn't resist.

tony hipchest 08-29-2008 11:12 AM

Re: McCain selects governor Palin as running mate.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrtruck (Post 428675)
I'm not sure he should be doing that before the election!!! Bad presidential hopeful - at least Clinton waited until he was in office

Sorry I couldn't resist.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

"tap dat... :moon: "


i cant believe i missed that. nice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum