Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Browns fans with class??? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27098)

Kvnfaber 09-10-2008 10:20 AM

Browns fans with class???
 
I was raised a Steeler fan from birth, and I live an die Steelers. I have lived almost 24 years on this earth, and I have met tons of Browns fans (I live in Ohio). Very, and I emphasize VERY few of these Browns fans can talk football with class and respect with me. I always love to talk football no matter who your team is, but so many Browns fans have to just tell you "Steelers Suck" and offer nothing else to the conversation.

I do have one friend however, that is a big Browns fan and we can sit down and have an educated football conversation. I know more about the Browns than most fans, being as though my sports radio here is all Cleveland and the fact that I share an office with two Browns fans (Plus i generally follow the NFL religiously).

Well readers, even though a large majority of Browns fans are senseless and ignorant, yelling morons, there is hope! My previously mentioned (Browns fan) friend bought me a ticket to the Steelers/Browns game this weekend for my birthday, and we are going tailgating/playing Madden outside the stadium all day, until gametime!

Props to him for restoring my faith in humanity.

Now I'm just hoping I come out of the stadium alive when we hang a lopsided loss on the Browns!

xfl2001fan 09-10-2008 12:31 PM

Re: Browns fans with class???
 
Keep in mind, that "fan" is short for fanatic.

I have run into a very large contingent of poor Steelers fans who knew little about their own team, let alone about football in general.

It is a shame that there are so many classless people who follow the sport.

Warren is a very small town in NE Ohio. I used to have a bunch of friends who were in the Reserves up there. (Facility has since shut down and they have moved on.)

Glad to know you managed to find a non-troll when it comes to supporters of my team.

Mosca 09-10-2008 12:32 PM

Re: Browns fans with class???
 
^
Browns fan with class

Kvnfaber 09-10-2008 02:31 PM

Re: Browns fans with class???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xfl2001fan (Post 433897)
Keep in mind, that "fan" is short for fanatic.

I have run into a very large contingent of poor Steelers fans who knew little about their own team, let alone about football in general.

It is a shame that there are so many classless people who follow the sport.

Warren is a very small town in NE Ohio. I used to have a bunch of friends who were in the Reserves up there. (Facility has since shut down and they have moved on.)

Glad to know you managed to find a non-troll when it comes to supporters of my team.

I am sure there are a fair share of classless fans from every team in the NFL, I just so happen to meet a lot of Browns fans who have nothing good to add to a conversation about football. I have seen your posts though, and I appreciate fans like you from any team. Just wanted to shout out to my friend who did that for me, and the fact the he is a classy respectful football fan, while still hating my team :P

xfl2001fan 09-10-2008 02:38 PM

Re: Browns fans with class???
 
Good shout out! It's unfortunate that there are so many stupid fans. Considering where you live, I'm not surprised to see so many "dumb" fans. It's more country than city there, so you'll get your share of bass ackward types.

rick723 09-10-2008 05:19 PM

Re: Browns fans with class???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvnfaber (Post 433860)
I was raised a Steeler fan from birth, and I live an die Steelers. I have lived almost 24 years on this earth, and I have met tons of Browns fans (I live in Ohio). Very, and I emphasize VERY few of these Browns fans can talk football with class and respect with me. I always love to talk football no matter who your team is, but so many Browns fans have to just tell you "Steelers Suck" and offer nothing else to the conversation.

I do have one friend however, that is a big Browns fan and we can sit down and have an educated football conversation. I know more about the Browns than most fans, being as though my sports radio here is all Cleveland and the fact that I share an office with two Browns fans (Plus i generally follow the NFL religiously).

Well readers, even though a large majority of Browns fans are senseless and ignorant, yelling morons, there is hope! My previously mentioned (Browns fan) friend bought me a ticket to the Steelers/Browns game this weekend for my birthday, and we are going tailgating/playing Madden outside the stadium all day, until gametime!

Props to him for restoring my faith in humanity.

Now I'm just hoping I come out of the stadium alive when we hang a lopsided loss on the Browns!

RIP Buddy, it can get ugly in there. I thought I was going to have to fight my way out of bungleland one time. They are the nastiest fans in the NFL. I remember a Browns fan drunk on his knees outside three rivers once, He laid down so sleep and no one robbed or kicked his butt. The cops took him to sleep it off and he was whole.

NJarhead 09-10-2008 05:35 PM

Re: Browns fans with class???
 
Hmmmm. First, Congratulations and Happy Birthday. :drink:

Second, now matter how classess and unknowledgeable you think Browns fans are, they are nothing compared to New England fans (Patriots, Red Sawx, Celtics and Bruins) and even THEY can't hold a candle to Raiders fans. :chuckle:

Finally, have fun and get home safe! If all goes as planned, you can just stay till the very end of the blow out and be able to walk out with the remaining Steelers fans. :tt02: :wink02:

steelerguy26 09-11-2008 11:36 PM

Re: Browns fans with class???
 
I have yet to met a Browns fan who can tell me who the third string QB is on thier team, let alone match wits with a real football fanatic. But I agree the New England "bandwagon" I mean fans, are the worst.

I can garuntee the 10-12 NE fans I know who have only been Cheatriot fans for the last 6-8 years, will be sporting new Jerseys by week 8 now that Fag boy is hurt and they won't have a Cheatriot logo on them. They will be whatever the new cinderalla team is. Probabley the Jets.

Regardless I have tickets for this weeks game and they reside in the "Dawg Pound" so wish me luck guys cuz I will be sporting black and gold on all fronts.........

CanadianSteel 09-12-2008 10:48 AM

Re: Browns fans with class???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerguy26 (Post 434414)
I have yet to met a Browns fan who can tell me who the third string QB is on thier team, let alone match wits with a real football fanatic. But I agree the New England "bandwagon" I mean fans, are the worst.

I can garuntee the 10-12 NE fans I know who have only been Cheatriot fans for the last 6-8 years, will be sporting new Jerseys by week 8 now that Fag boy is hurt and they won't have a Cheatriot logo on them. They will be whatever the new cinderalla team is. Probabley the Jets.

Regardless I have tickets for this weeks game and they reside in the "Dawg Pound" so wish me luck guys cuz I will be sporting black and gold on all fronts.........

Would love to hear about your experience after the game, sitting in the Pound.

I used to go to the old mistake on the lake, and fans were always rude and talked smack but I never fekt threatened. Let us know how you made out in the pound...

Cheers :tt03:

revefsreleets 09-12-2008 02:43 PM

Re: Browns fans with class???
 
They are like Bigfoot...often talked about, but rarely glimpsed, and difficult to actually document...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum