Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How to tailgate at Steelers vs Chargers and Bengals (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27277)

the_king_from_leon 09-17-2008 12:43 PM

How to tailgate at Steelers vs Chargers and Bengals

I am a UK Steeler and am making my first trip out to Steeler Nation this season, I am going to fly out for two regular season games in November....seeing us play the Chargers and the Bengals.

My only experience with some tailgating was last year at the NFL London game between the Dolphins and Giants which involved me going to a NFLUK run tailgate which they took over the venue next to the Stadium and had beer and food on sale as well as some cheerleaders etc.

It was quite good but not really anything like what I had heard about the real thing which is part of the reason I am coming out to Pittsburgh for the games.

Is there something along those lines at Heinz Field that I would be able to join?? As you may gather I dont really have any idea about it all, just going out by myself to try and catch some steelers wins!

Felix

SteelBuckleoftheRustBelt 09-17-2008 02:07 PM

Re: How to tailgate at Steelers vs Chargers and Bengals

I have not lived in Pittsburgh for a few years, although I was born and raised there 27 years all together, and in my experiences just show up with you steeler gear on and almost anyone there will treat you as one of the family!

TailgateMel 09-17-2008 08:41 PM

Well, I'll be tailgating at both those games...

I don't know if there are any public "show up with money and get in" tailgates, and certainly none with cheerleaders considering the Steelers don't have cheerleaders.

You are more than welcome to stop by my tailgate however. Chip in a little for food & beer & everything is cool. There are literally thousands of tailgates at the game however... you could come by mine, then sheesh.. if you aren't shy... walk around, tell folks you flew in from the UK for the game... plenty of folks will be more than happy to have a beer with you.

shoot me a PM if you are interested in coming to my tailgate, just a disclaimer, it is a decent walk from where I tailgate to the stadium... but a fun "get to see all the other tailgates along the way" walk.

Mel

SteelCityMan786 09-18-2008 09:19 PM

Stlrs4life runs the tailgate for Steelers Fever. He likes Money, Drink, Food, etc. Donations.

TailgateMel 09-19-2008 01:22 PM

Stlrs4life's tailgate is also at the lot right next to where my tailgate is, probably about 50 yards away from where I park.

Mel

Stlrs4Life 09-23-2008 03:47 PM

Look for my tailgate thread a week before the game.

the_king_from_leon 09-24-2008 06:16 AM

Cool thanks you two, I look forward to seeing you both in November! I have managed to buy the ticket against the Chargers so far...will wait a bit for the Bengals one as they are looking like Miami did last year...should bring the price down a bit!

tresh123 10-01-2008 02:17 AM

hello coming from idaho for both games also. i am also looking for a great place to tail gate. i would love to hook up with someone. no problem to donate to the party.
let me know. we could make this world wide
thanks bill in idaho

swalmy 10-21-2008 03:11 PM

hello we are coming from California for the Charger game. We are looking for a great place to tail gate. Big steeler fan!!!! We would love to join in on a tailgating party. Don't mind donating. This is our first trip to Pittsburgh!

XxKnightxX 11-02-2008 01:20 PM

Im gonna come from jersey most likely driving, I want to have some pre game experience with a good tailgate. I think all the foreigners should get a pm regarding where and what to do haha.