Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Charlie Weis just another cheater (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27338)

I-Want-Troy's-Hair 09-20-2008 11:38 PM

Charlie Weis just another cheater

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...wGqnAD93AQB200

Laptopgate? Notre Dame insists it wasn't cheating

By LARRY LAGE 3 hours ago

EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) Charlie Weis insisted Notre Dame wasn't trying to break the rules by having a laptop computer in its coaching box during a 23-7 loss to Michigan State on Saturday.

"It wasn't like there was somebody trying to do something illegal," Weis said.

Michigan State spokesman John Lewandowski said the school asked a liaison to the officials to remove the laptop after noticing one being used by the Fighting Irish. The liaison took the laptop out of the their coaching box during a break in the first half.

"The first thought you have is, `Are they tracking tendencies or other data,'" Lewandowski said. "You cannot use that type of that resource in the coaching box. That's just like you can't have a replay monitor."

Weis said the officials approached him about the laptop and then he asked offensive coordinator Mike Haywood about it.

"I asked upstairs if there was one," Weis recalled. "I was talking to Michael and he said, `No.' Then, I guess one of the interns had one over there. Then I immediately told (the officials) that there was an intern (with a laptop) and he took it off a ledge and put it on the floor."

Weis said he told the officials that he wasn't trying to do something improper while walking off the field at halftime.

"The last thing I ever want to do is lie," he said.

Weis is 24-16 in three-plus seasons at Notre Dame after working as the offensive coordinator for Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots from 2000-04. Belichick and the Patriots were fined and sanctioned by the NFL last year for video taping opponents sideline signals.

Steelman16 09-21-2008 12:01 AM

Re: Charlie Weiss just another cheater

Taught by the master himself. Not surprised. :coffee:

Preacher 09-21-2008 12:09 AM

Naaaaa........

I think this is much ado about nothing.

Guy had a bonehead moment and brought a laptop into a booth.

I doubt it was anything more than that.

lilyoder6 09-21-2008 12:18 AM

it's always the intern's fault....

MasterOfPuppets 09-21-2008 01:36 AM

the intern was jack ruby's grandson......:toofunny:

revefsreleets 09-21-2008 09:57 AM

This is interesting. You always see "The Bill Walsh Coaching Tree" and the "Bill Parcells Coaching Tree".

Might we start seeing "The Bill Belichick Cheating Tree" soon?

rbryan 09-21-2008 10:40 AM

This just in......Weiss has been cheating on his diet too.

Is it my imagination or did this load gain another 100lbs or so since he got the gig at ND??

He makes Romeo C look like a swimsuit model.

I would have a hard time taking anything he had to say about discipline very serious.

MasterOfPuppets 09-24-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbryan (Post 438531)

Is it my imagination or did this load gain another 100lbs or so since he got the gig at ND??

I would have a hard time taking anything he had to say about discipline very serious.

:toofunny:....good stuff

Godfather 10-11-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbryan (Post 438531)

He ate Phil Fulmer.

steelersfanman92 10-11-2008 06:26 PM

Re: Charlie Weis just another cheater

It seemed like in todays game he tried to pay the refs but it didnt work!