Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27457)

Preacher 09-24-2008 03:16 PM

Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks
 
So much for Hartwig being the answer.... and Mahan being the problem.

from a link in another thread, I found this little beauty...
Quote:

SACKS ALLOWED
Player .... Sacks
Justin Hartwig 3
Willie Colon 2
Marvel Smith 1.5
Chris Kemoeatu 1
Heath Miller 1
Mewelde Moore .5













http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/22/w...t-eagles/#cont

Now... Let's talk about this a second.

1. Who was responsible for the MOST sacks? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? That's right. HARTWIG.

2. Who's name is NOT up there that is almost ALWAYS spoken of with disdain? That's right, SIMMONS.


So much for all these website know-it-alls who think Simmons and Mahan were our problems last year, and cried cried cried when we let Faneca go.

Oh yeah, let's look at Faneca's replacement. How many sacks was that? 1? Only his third game starting?

What I learned from this little tidbit.

1. Faneca-- :wave: We DONT need you, your replacement is fine.

2. Hartwig sucked this game worse than Mahan EVERY DID in a game.

3. People need to cool off about Simmons.

4. Colon needs to figure out what is wrong.

HometownGal 09-24-2008 03:37 PM

Re: Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks
 
Uh-uh. Not on your life. I'm invoking the Fifth. :chuckle::chuckle:


Preacher 09-24-2008 03:40 PM

Re: Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 441405)
Uh-uh. Not on your life. I'm invoking the Fifth. :chuckle::chuckle:



:rofl:

I almost labled this..

Hey HTG-- Hartwig sucks!!!

But I thought better of it! :chuckle:

tony hipchest 09-24-2008 03:41 PM

Re: Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks
 
mahan woulda allowed atleast 5 against philly. :stirthepot:

:chuckle: :wink:

Edman 09-24-2008 03:43 PM

Re: Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks
 
Don't use Hartwig's ineptitude to make up for Mahan's ineptitude.

Time to bring out the "Hartwig sucks" threads.

MasterOfPuppets 09-24-2008 03:49 PM

Re: Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks
 
preach they add up to 13.5 sacks......is there such a thing as having been sacked half a time? who's responcable for the other half? is none of the sacks bens fault??? the math just doesn't add up.....:popcorn:

Preacher 09-24-2008 03:53 PM

Re: Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 441412)
preach they add up to 13.5 sacks......is there such a thing as having been sacked half a time? who's responcable for the other half? is none of the sacks bens fault??? the math just doesn't add up.....:popcorn:

:chuckle:

Um.. MOP,

They add up to 8 sacks.

and the .5 sack is when responsibility is spread between two people.

I would imagine the other sack would be Ben's fault.

Which means that Ben ISN"T responsible for them all, like some people here want to pin it on.

I am MORE THAN WILLING to take 1 sack a week for Ben to extend plays. Heck, I am will to take 2 sacks a week for Ben to extend plays. I have no problem with that.


EDIT: I see what you did... you missed the ( . ) before the 5 for Moore. That is half a sack, not 5 sacks.

Preacher 09-24-2008 03:54 PM

Re: Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 441409)
Don't use Hartwig's ineptitude to make up for Mahan's ineptitude.

Time to bring out the "Hartwig sucks" threads.


Ahhh.... I KNEW Mahan would still be the scapegoat of last year...

I am waiting to see how he becomes the scapegoat for this year.

MasterOfPuppets 09-24-2008 03:56 PM

Re: Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 441413)
:chuckle:

Um.. MOP,

They add up to 8 sacks.

and the .5 sack is when responsibility is spread between two people.

I would imagine the other sack would be Ben's fault.

Which means that Ben ISN"T responsible for them all, like some people here want to pin it on.

I am MORE THAN WILLING to take 1 sack a week for Ben to extend plays. Heck, I am will to take 2 sacks a week for Ben to extend plays. I have no problem with that.

ohhh...my bad...i didnt see the point in front of moore and counted it as 5......i thought it was the season tally.....:banging:
anywho.....these numbers conflict with the anaylisis of the the guy on the thread that suit started, which would suggest that these are simply opinions and not facts. nobody knows the actual blocking assignments, and who blew what, except the steelers and coach's themselves.

Preacher 09-24-2008 03:58 PM

Re: Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 441415)
ohhh...my bad...i didnt see the point in front of moore and counted it as 5......i thought it was the season tally.....:banging:

:rofl:

Yep... I actually just edited my post about the same time to say that is what I thought you did...

Well, can't say I have never done something like that! :wink02:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum